Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Paidea Classics? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 30 2008 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Does anyone know what happened to Paidea Classics? I want to order some more of their shrink art, but I just keep getting a URL error message

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 6:43am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Mary, the link is working now!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Perfect -- thanks Paula for the headsup!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Mary, how has the shrink art worked out for you? I had meant to buy some a while back but didn't. A month or so ago, I was working with Shrinky Dink paper--I just cut the sheets in half for the project. I found that the pages just rolled up onto themselves, such that they were disfigured unrolled even with reheating. So, I wondered about the Paidea Classic ones, as I seem to remember them looking rectangluar. Did you have a problem with them rolling onto themselves? Was there some trick to getting them to work without rolling onto themselves? Thanks!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 9:27am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Kelly,

We have had this "roll" problem when we do the Marian feast day plaques (scroll down to see the plaque) and learned the hard way to sit by the oven and watch and as it starts to curl over, reach in (only adults, obviously) and bend back. I actually had to take it out to do this, but it's actually not that hot so that helped. Our plaques (from a whole sheet of sd paper) come out pretty even, but a slight skew to one corner. But they're great for what we want.

We got the Paidea ones last year ... but come to think of it I don't know if we ever shrank them. Mary M, did Leah ever do hers?

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Ours from Paidea worked great. Just the other day I had one that had been trimmed to curve around the Blessed Mother's head twist while shrinking and I missed the window of opportunity to straighten it the way Mary does. We have really enjoyed those we've bought from Paidea and now that I see the link is working, I'm thinking of getting more.   

BTW: I can't find the shrink art there! Have you?

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Rachel,

The nice family that is now running the company emailed me and said that they will have all that St. Nick/shrink art things on the site by Nov 1. If she emails me sooner, I'll post here!

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Excellent, thank you, Mary!

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Thanks Mary! I did take them out and unroll during the baking process and still had warping. I guess I let it roll a little too long before pulling them out. Back to the drawing board, I suppose! I'm glad to hear they do work as rectangles, as I'll be looking to buy from PC this year when the icons become available again.   

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 4:35am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Kelly -- another thing I do is as soon as they come out of the oven, lift them off the cookie sheet (line the sheet with brown paper bag with opposite corners foled up to lift with) and immediately cover them with another thick sheet of newspaper or grocery bag and press flat with your hands for about 15-30 seconds.

Don't forget to always shrink with the colored side up -- this seems to impact way of shrinkage!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 03 2008 at 5:41am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Mary G wrote:
Rachel,

The nice family that is now running the company emailed me and said that they will have all that St. Nick/shrink art things on the site by Nov 1. If she emails me sooner, I'll post here!
Well, they have the shrinky dink icon ornaments and will be getting the coins in the next week or two!

Cool huh?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 03 2008 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Mary G wrote:
Mary G wrote:
Rachel,

Well, they have the shrinky dink icon ornaments and will be getting the coins in the next week or two!

Cool huh?

I appreciate that! I was just thinking I needed to order the dark chocolate (no milk) coins. They were such a big hit last year.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 03 2008 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

JennGM wrote:
Mary G wrote:
Mary G wrote:
Rachel,

Cool huh?
I appreciate that! I was just thinking I needed to order the dark chocolate (no milk) coins. They were such a big hit last year.
I also just want to make a note that Paidea Classics is Eastern Orthodox so some of their theology is a bit different from Roman Catholic ... but they eat chocolate, we eat chocolate ... no problem!

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version