Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Dermatologist recommendation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 29 2008 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I am so praying that somebody will be able to recommend a good dermatologist in the Northern VA area. I finally found a great person to work with for my eyes and am feeling so much better. I just need somebody - preferably a Christian- who would be able to work with a mother who is breastfeeding (with the chance of pregnancy always possible) - and not give medications with huge black box warnings about birth defects in babies. I would really really appreciate any recommendations at all - I have seen a few in the area - and none have been supportive of our lifestyle.

Thank you so much.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2008 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I take Carter to a Dr. Silverman in Fairfax, right near Fairfax Host, for his yearly check. We honestly have not talked too much about lifestyle. We don't go for medication, just to check the growth of his moles. You may have a wait to get in and see him. I think we had to make our first appt with him a few months in advance. Now we make them a year ahead of time, we just set up the next appt before we leave his office. We went to him because that is who Carter's oncologist recommended

He gave me the name of a woman in Sterling last time I was there. Again, I just need to get a screening. I will look around this morning and see if I can find her name.   

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2008 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Thanks Mary Chris - I actually have an appointment for Dr Silverman set up for November (made a year ago!) - he is supposed to be good and one of the only pediatric derms in the area. But I would so like to find someone local - if you can find the name of the lady in Sterling that would be so awesome - there are a few names there in my BCBS book. And I would so like to see someone soon if possible.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version