Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Netti Pot Users Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Tell me about it! :) I have really bad allergies this time of year, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, itchy eyes. These boughts hit several times a day. Will a netti pot help with this? Do I have to buy an actual pot or is there a suitable substitute? Thanks1

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

My neighbor uses it with her son, but I never got the details. She mentioned it when I said that I sniff warm salt water up my nose when my sinuses are bothering me. That works great for me, but I don't have diagnosed allergies. People in Hawaii swear by the salt water up the nose thing and even recommend a morning swim everyday. Wouldn't that be nice?

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

also try increased vit. C Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Balch says that pregnant women can use up to 5000 mg a day.. I know I get some elsewhere so I'll take additional up to 4000mg a day to help with hay fever type allergies.. it works really well for me. I usually take 1000 mg 4 times a day.. when I get up, mid day, afternoon and before bed.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

My dh and I have used it and love it! I used it alot last winter. I probably need it again due to seasonal allergies starting to hit. I've put warm salt water in it. My chiro recommended putting colloidal silver in it with water as well (we do use silver here fairly regularly). It's awkward at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be glad you did it! Just do it in the shower or over the sink!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

There is a video of how to use the neti pot. I get the giggles just watching it. Here is the link. I don't think they are paying this lady enough!    I SURE it's not as easy as she makes it look.

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Vitamin C for allergies worked really well for me last spring . . .

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2008 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote mary

it pretty much is that easy. i love my netti pot. it's really a saline irrigation - just like using saline spray in a baby's nose to relieve stuffiness. i got my pot from walgreens and it came with saline solution. my kids all love to use it when we have colds. it loosens up the mucus so that you can breath better. if you have anything in your sinus cavity that is causing a reoccurring irritation, it can remove that too. i have tried vit c and think nothing works as well as the netti pot.

Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

mavmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 24 2008 at 7:49am | IP Logged Quote mavmama

Years ago my ENT gave me the recipe for what is called his "Saline Snort Solution." Realy-it said that on the hand out! Anyway, he said if I would use it faithfully my chronic sinus infections would go away. He was right. The point of this is that you don't have to have the netti pot to use the solution. Here's the recipe:
1 quart warm water
2 tsp. salt (I use canning salt- no preservatives)
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix to dissolve. Put in a small cup, and "snort" it up, over a sink. Let the excess drain. Use this solutin twice a day until infection clears, then use it daily in a small spray bottle (I used an empty Ocean Mist bottle I'd bought earlier). The extra solution can sit on your countertop (covered to be used later.

At first, it burns a bit, but I lowered the amount of baking soda to about half and it helps. I've not had to see the doctor for sinus in quite a awhile using this method. HTH

Back to Top View mavmama's Profile Search for other posts by mavmama

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 24 2008 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

My dd has terrible allergies and uses a neti pot, as does my husband. We bought them at the pharmacy, and the little packets of saline, as well. You can mix your own salt water solution, too, but we did find that the packets made the water have less of a burn. It is very, very easy to do over the bathroom sink or in the shower. It's a bit of a weird feeling at first, but you do get used to it. The relief is tremendous. DD uses the neti pot at night to rinse away all the pollen of the day before bed, and it has improved her sleep (and snoring) considerably.

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I just got the Walgreen nettipot and solution and tried it - I found that my ear got all blocked up. Is this normal?

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Big neti pot fans here. It clears out *stuff* you didn't imagine was there! Fuzzy, the YouTube video is great. Lots of folks don't know what I mean when I explain how to use it, and a show-and-tell is so helpful. My only caution is that, often, just before the water starts flowing out the lower nostril, you feel like you might drown. You won't; just keep pouring into the upper nostril and everything will be fine.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version