Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: great long maternity skirt Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

After ten unsuccessful thrift store ventures I finally broke down and went to Motherhood today. They have a fantastic long maternity skirt right now. I'm on the short side and it reached almost to my toes but it is very stylish and flattering, in my opinion. And that belly is so comfortable. Also, these skirts were back in stock in denim, khaki and corduroy at the store I was in today. When I was in a Motherhood store in June they said these were an old item they no longer carried. Some stores still have them.

Hope this helps someone else,

Susan

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Susan, I am wearing one of the last skirts you linked to, and for me, they are PERFECT!! I am short with round (big) hips, so the first one I know would not work for me at all. But I have denim and khaki in the last two, I found them on ebay and I LOOOOVVVEE them! I do wish they would make these skirts with the seceret fit belly. My good friend has some shorts with that and she says it's the best, but for my personal tastes, they don't have styles for me with that. I may try going to the store to see if they have the skirt in cord for the winter!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

You'll love the cord skirt if you find it, Lisa. Quite soft, and to me, it fit better (read...fit every part of me that was growing in addition to and in proportion with my belly) once I was further along than the denim skirt, which I also loved.

I'd encourage a sincere hunt of it if you can't find it locally!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

CathinCoffeland
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote CathinCoffeland

I just got one last week too!

It is the denim one they were out or corduroy in my size boo hoo!

Of the two styles one was too long for my 5'4" height the other comes to the tops of my feet.

I had to drive to a town over an hour away

i know there are pregnant woman in this town- Its ridiculous to have to travel that far to get clothes.

of course i wouldnt have had to buy it if I had not given all my preggo clothes away 2 weeks before i knew i was pregnant

Maggie
Back to Top View CathinCoffeland's Profile Search for other posts by CathinCoffeland Visit CathinCoffeland's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Maggie, was it the skirt in the first link that was too long, or in the second? I am only 5'2" and the skirts in the second link hang just above my ankles, right where I like 'em! :) I imagine the first one being too long for me.

Jennifer, Is the corduroy skirt heavy? I have the denim skirt, and I like it, but I like the khaki one better because it is not heavy, and it is slighly stretchy. I like the stretch. Also, if a small in the denim and khaki fit me very well right now at about 19 weeks, should I get a medium in cord for later on? I don't think a med. will fit me now, but I wonder if a small will fit me later on!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Lisbet wrote:

Jennifer, Is the corduroy skirt heavy? I have the denim skirt, and I like it, but I like the khaki one better because it is not heavy, and it is slighly stretchy. I like the stretch. Also, if a small in the denim and khaki fit me very well right now at about 19 weeks, should I get a medium in cord for later on? I don't think a med. will fit me now, but I wonder if a small will fit me later on!

No, it's a light to medium weight cord fabric with stretch! I loved the khaki and denim skirts a lot, but by the end of my pregnancy, I felt (and was huge) and really appreciated the stretch and comfort of the cord and khaki skirts. I actually had to order a size up in the denim skirts by the end of my pregnancy because there was not enough stretch, and I outgrew the medium. I wore a medium cord skirt from beginning to end of my pregnancy. I'm 5'4 and it hit me about mid calf. A favorite skirt!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Thanks Jennifer! I think I'll stick with a small then. Another thing I'm liking about these skirts is that I can wear them midbelly or underbelly, giving me more or less hip room and length. I can see that the denim will not be as comfy later on.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 12 2008 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I've had the denim skirt all summer and really wanted the cord today but they only had it in medium which fits me now but I think I'm a tad, um, more round than you, Lisa! I went for khaki. But I do agree that the cord one looks a lot nicer. I don't know why. I looked at the skirts and they were the exact same design.

I love the longer denim one (first link) but I'm 5'4" and it is almost to the floor so anyone shorter would have trouble with it.

I'm so glad to have some nice warm clothes!

Susan

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 13 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I got the denim one when I was pregnant with the boys...if I had the $$ and the need still for them, I'd go ahead and order some online (no stores near here).

Maybe God will bless us again this winter, and I can go ahead and get some before they go out of the stores again...

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 13 2008 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

The first one Susan linked to is longer, and my hips are too big for that style.

The second one you linked to....the denim/tan cord/khaki gored skirts are GREAT!!!!! I LOVED these! I wore them all the time.....over AND under belly throughout preg.

The denim definitely runs smaller . By the end of the preg, I couldn't wear the denim anymore....but wore the khaki and cordoruy 'til the end. The stretch on the khaki and cord is great! These are absolutely worth the $$$$.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 13 2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I'm so tempted to go get the smaller corduroy skirt. I tried all of these on with both kids in the dressing room with me yesterday and now that I'm actually wearing the khaki I have to keep pulling it up! I suppose I might grow into it . . .

Motherhood has two long denim skirts. I'm surprised that the longer one I linked fits so few of you. I have pretty big hips and I think it's great. The other one they had was sort of a more "patchwork" style--lots of pieces of denim put together on the bias, maybe. That definitely looked terrible on me.

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 16 2008 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

http://www.maternityapparel.com/shopwinter.htm

http://www.prettymematernity.com/

I found these 2 maternity sites in pure desperation. My husband was adamant that I not look-frumpy. These sites are pricey but I found their skirts to be LONG, and pretty and some of the skirts are Made in AMERICA. I have never spent more than $20 on a skirt before but I was soo pleased with the high quality, and length of the skirts that I purchased.

Also, I am a large in size and found it difficult to get a good deal at ebay, and I wanted something more than denim. I am not implying that the motherhood skirt is frumpy, btw, I just thought I would share a site with modest skirts.

Thanks,

Holly

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

I came across this site today and thought it might be helpful: Lilo Maternity. I wish I'd known about it earlier this year; I've got it bookmarked now though!

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version