Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Playing with friends Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote LucyP

We have a new family who ar renting a house one door down from us. They have a baby exactly our DD's age and a girl 4 months older than our son, and a boy who is 2 years older than our son. In our (my!) excitement at having a family living so close I encouraged DS to be friendly and to ask the children to play, and I have spent some time chatting to the mum and dad. I think they are a muslim family by their names, origninally from africa, but I haven't really asked so I am guessing.

The thing is that the mum doesn't want her children at our house as we have a dog - they stroked the dog today and this afternoon the children "let it out" to DS that they need to be bathed and have their clothes washed after that. So they want DS to play at their house - I got kind of carried away and let him go today, even though I haven't yet been in their house. DH was not happy and so I called DS back in a few minutes with an excuse of him needing to have milk and bath.

Do you let your children play with other children in the otehr family's house? Just their garden? We have some communal area (a passageway really) and the children like to play there too...I am used to letting DS play if I am there to see/hear but I don't want to be overprotective. And he is at the stage where he wants to be playing independently but I can't be sure of what he would say/do or whether he would tell me if there were any issues. The other children do some things he is not allowed to do (scatting cats in the communal area, for example - but if DS is there when they do it he will get in trouble with the owners - we did pass on to the mum and dad about how the neighbour reacts to the scatting.
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Lucy~
How old is your son?

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic