Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: The "Daddy is home" frenzy Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

You'd think my kids don't see daddy every day. They get *so* hyped up every day when he comes home. Happy to see him, yes, but then it escalates into wild behavior- running around, acting goofy, etc.

It's the end of the day; everyone is tired... but what makes them go so bananas? I try reading quietly with them before dh comes home, but once he's home they get all charged up. And , of course, dh is also tired... he wants to see them and play with them, but then he gets frustrated when they won't stop jumping on him or running around.

Any ideas?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Wish I did. Dh stayed home today for a sick day, but it turns it all into a frenzy, the same nighttime frenzy but ALL DAY. I had to run errands to tone it down.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

We've tried to set things up so that they can get excited and greet him.. but rather than keep the "play" going.. after everyone's gotten to say hi and hug him.. then they have to back off and let daddy relax for a few.

It lets the kids be that excited.. it gives daddy a welcome AND a break and then playing with daddy after the break isn't near so wild.. unless it's daddy's fault

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version