Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Bored babies? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 25 2008 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote amyable

My ds is 9 months today! He seems so bored all the time though. Maybe it's not boredom, but he's fussy and never really doing anything but rolling around whining or dragging himself around the house whining, or standing with my legs to hold on to, and whining.

He's happy for a few moments if I throw a soft ball at him

What do your 6 month - 1 year kiddos like to do? What keeps them occupied and happy?

You'd think I'd know this by now, but I remember all my other kids being this way too. So apparently I didn't know what to do then either.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 25 2008 at 12:40pm | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

My ds was like this. It was exhausting but I would spend some time with him playing ball, looking at books, playing with an interactive toy, blocks, zooming cars and trucks around, doing songs with hand signs(Itsy Bitsy, etc.)then try to set him up with some things and go do something I needed to for a little while and come back. ALL DAY! He would help with laundry folding, kind of, and other jobs. Water is always good. He would play in the dog's water bowl, bless himself, etc. It is fun but can get tiring and old. How I loved his VERY short naps.
You have help with the other kids so take advantage and teach them to play with him too. I was on my own as he was my first. Good luck and enjoy. I look back on those days with a tired fondness--my little guy is 10 and perfectly happy to be alone and on his own. In a way, a little sad....
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

monique
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 26 2008 at 12:08am | IP Logged Quote monique

No suggestions here, just empathy! I've got a 13 mo old that is the same way. Although he's only happy when he's climbing. Climbing the chairs to sit on the table. Climbing the chairs, stairs, furniture, cabinets, etc! I've often wondered if he is just bored because he's usually perfectly happy when were some place else.

Monique
Mom to 5
Back to Top View monique's Profile Search for other posts by monique

12stars
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 27 2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote 12stars

We got one ourselves. OOOHHH the patience. It is really hard and between my 2 year old they can quickly become troublesome.

Back to Top View 12stars's Profile Search for other posts by 12stars Visit 12stars's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version