Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: vericose veins durring pregnancy *TMI Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LookaBook
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 19 2008 at 5:57am | IP Logged Quote LookaBook

Hi ladies,
I know this topic has been discussed before but, I have a slightly different question about it. This is pregnancy #6 and the veins have been getting worse since #4. I am now having a tough time dealing with painful ones in my groin area (sorry if this is TMI). My compression hose seem to help but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do.

I found this:

http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=674

but have no idea if something like that would work... especially with the $$ I don't want to try it with out someone else's take.

Thanks!
Al
mom to ds10, dd8, ds6, dd4, dd20, and one due Christmas
Back to Top View LookaBook's Profile Search for other posts by LookaBook

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

I have the same trouble
It has been getting worse since #5 and now at #7 can be quite painful. I used that V2 supporter with #5 and found it to be OK. For #6 and 7, I used the Fembrace (www.fembrace.com) and it helped a lot more.
Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, maybe I can help. I look forward to hearing what others say, as I would love even more relief from this. I was told by a friend that nothing can be done medically if you are going to have more children as the problem will just re-occur.

Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post a similar one, but was trying to figure out the right wording for a personal issue like this.

God bless,
Christine

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

I am almost 37, 5 ft 7, 135 lb, and have not been pregnant for over 3 years . but I have horrible varicosities in that area, that then connect down my entire left leg. I used the Fembrace with the last 3. I am in pain everyday, even with daily exercise, eating right, supplements, and NOT being pregnant. I have seen two vascular surgeons. I need to have something done, but I need to not get pregnant after the procedures. So we keep waiting and praying. With the last two kids, I crawled around the house the last 4 weeks, I am not kidding. the only plus to this is all that crawling keeps the baby from being posterior.   
It is awful, I am writing to tell you I feel your pain. My actual labors (even inductions) I can handle med free but these veins bring me literally to my knees.
My friend had a laser procedure after her 6th baby, and called me the next day. she said she had not felt that good since high school!!
praying for everyone who suffers from this...

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

ladycarobe
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 19 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote ladycarobe

I browsed the sites you mentioned...looking for something that might give me some relieve from this weird pain I'm having on and off....now I know....ieeeeeuw, so that's what causing the pain at the inner upper side of my thighs. I learn something new everyday. And this will get worse with every pregnancy? And can even stay afterwards???

I'm off to eat some chocolate....errr, I mean carobe (otherwise I will not only have pain in my thighs but also a migraine ).

mom to dd6 , dd4 and dd2 and pregnant.
Back to Top View ladycarobe's Profile Search for other posts by ladycarobe

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 19 2008 at 12:40pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Thank you for posting this! I haven't had the nerve, but I've had this problem with all four pregnancies. Also, the onset is earlier with each one (I don't look forward to this aspect of any future pregnancy!). This last time it did spread more to my upper thighs, but it all healed fairly quick. Can this become a permanent problem? I have been told that this type of varicose will heal.

Thanks for the links, I'll buy that Fembrace immediately with any future pregnancy!!!

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I am wondering why you can't have the surgery done if you still intend to have more children?? Who can really be sure that they will never have another child?

I had varicose veins in my right leg removed after dd3 was 1 year old. 1.5 years later dd4 was born and yes I did get some new varicose veins, but nothing like they were before.
Last year both legs were worked on again. I will probably have to have another OP within the next 10 years even if I don't have another pregnancy.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

St. Ann wrote:
I am wondering why you can't have the surgery done if you still intend to have more children?? Who can really be sure that they will never have another child?

I had varicose veins in my right leg removed after dd3 was 1 year old. 1.5 years later dd4 was born and yes I did get some new varicose veins, but nothing like they were before.
Last year both legs were worked on again. I will probably have to have another OP within the next 10 years even if I don't have another pregnancy.

did you have them stripped, or a laser? I know that for us, my insurance will only pay for it once, and it is thousands and thousands out of pocket. there is a 90% chance or higher that they will reoccur, especially with how bad my legs are, and with anecdotal evidence even, that anyone I know who has had it done and had another child does repeat surgery.
Plus I have two genetic (and rare and dangerous together) bleeding disorders, which make an operation like this very risky for blood clots, etc. I would have to go in for a transfusion ahead of surgery, etc.
I think everyone's situation is different.
and mine have never gone away, only gotten worse. not to be too graphic, but looking at me from the front, the entire left side starting up high bulges out very large and visibly, and then my entire left leg is larger than my right due to the swelling. my left ankle and foot are quite enlarged. I look like an elephant from the waist down.
it is frustrating because I am so in shape and yet I don;t look it, or feel like it...

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Lisa, I am so sorry that you must suffer like that. I can feel(a fraction of) your pain! In addition - the bleeding disorders!

Mine were stripped. The first OP was with anesthesia(totally out). The 2nd OP was in a different clinic using a procedure from the US with only local anasthesia(totally awake). Only one 2 inch cut and otherwise little crochet needle pricks up and down my leg at the major problem areas. Very successful, but the Dr. at the clinic is still expecting to see me again.
I don't have any experience with laser operations.

Lisa, do you wear compressionpantyhose daily, and if so , does it bring relief?

Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 3:29pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I should add, that our health insurance here in Germany pays for everything and for every OP I need for my legs.
Which is also a huge relief.

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

LookaBook wrote:

I found this:

http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=674

Thanks!
Al
mom to ds10, dd8, ds6, dd4, dd20, and one due Christmas

I used this with the last pregnancy (#8) and it helped quite a bit with the same problem. While it didn't take away all the discomfort, I only had to go a couple of hours without it to realize the benefit. I am not familiar with the other product mentioned, but if you are like me, another thing around your waist when pregnant would be too much. The V2 goes under your belly. I thought it worth the money.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2008 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

teachingmyown wrote:
I only had to go a couple of hours without it to realize the benefit. I am not familiar with the other product mentioned, but if you are like me, another thing around your waist when pregnant would be too much. The V2 goes under your belly. I thought it worth the money.

yes, this is why I sometimes would not wear my fem brace thing. the underwear part went up wwaaaayyyy too high in the front and back for my liking. but I sure paid for it when I did not wear it. I think I might have to get one of these other ones even for now...
and I wear compression hose seasonally. I drag them on Oct-March/April usually...although as you all know summer heat is more painful...

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version