Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Wii Fit Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 29 2008 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

Does anyone own a Wii? Have you tried Wii Fit?

I have seen this at the store and it looks really fun. I don't want to waste my money if it's not worth it.

I really need to lose a few (more than a few) pounds and am looking for a fun way to exercise.
Back to Top View Vanna's Profile Search for other posts by Vanna

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

I've had the Wii Fit for about a week now. It is fun, and it's convenient because it's in your house. It keeps track of your weight & BMI and the balance games are fun to play. It also keeps track of how much time you spend playing.

I've done mainly the balance games and yoga. There are also strength training and aerobics.

I guess my favorite part is that it can be done in short bursts (like 5-10 minutes) which fits into my crazy household at the moment. My 1yr old is clingy, and trying to do a standard exercise dvd was an exercise in futility.

We received it as a gift, but I figured that the cost of Wii Fit was a little less than the cost of a one month family membership at a gym. My DH has also used it, as have my boys. Nate likes the yoga poses, and Colin likes the balance games.

OH, I also like that it tracks your posture/balance. I have a bum ankle and favor my left side so it is really helping me balance both sides again by watching how I lean. My right side is significantly weaker than my left and I'm working to correct that.

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

we have a Wii hidden in the coat closet, waiting for the next birthday (6/18), and I have been hearing great things about Wii Fit.

J rides our stationary bike, when possible, but doesn't have many other opportunities for exercise. I try to jog a few times a week, but it's really hard to pull myself out of bed for it. I think we both would benefit from this and intend to look into it further. the fact that it can track your individual progress and various health indicators is just too cool.

it also functions as a weight scale, doesn't it? the scale we have had in the bathroom for years and years is not very accurate, tho I believe its deviation is in the beneficial direction!

-T

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

So clue me in here, do I need a Wii and then Wii Fit is an add-on? This sounds great and my dad is always up for a group gift for Christmas. By then, I'll be looking towards postpartum exercise.
Glad you asked, Vanna!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote Aggie gal

Hmm... I've been looking in the stores when I think about it, but haven't seen it yet. Where did you get yours Melanie?

Back to Top View Aggie gal's Profile Search for other posts by Aggie gal

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

theNetSmith wrote:

it also functions as a weight scale, doesn't it? the scale we have had in the bathroom for years and years is not very accurate, tho I believe its deviation is in the beneficial direction!

Yes, it functions as a scale - and it weighs you down to the 10ths of lbs. It was rather disconcerting to see that I had gained .4 in a week, but it was good for me to see as well ;)

Elizabeth wrote:
So clue me in here, do I need a Wii and then Wii Fit is an add-on?

Yes, you need a Wii and then Wii Fit is a game that you buy in addition. The Wii Fit costs around $90 -- which is a pricey Wii game, but it includes the balance board (scale and more), so I think it is worth it.

Aggie gal wrote:
Hmm... I've been looking in the stores when I think about it, but haven't seen it yet. Where did you get yours Melanie?

Our was an Amazon pre-order. I know it's hard to find, like the Wii. We got our Wii at Target because we happened to be there on a Saturday evening when they got their stock in last September. (and then we kept it hidden until Christmas) My mom has been trying to get a Wii for my dad for Father's Day for a couple months now and hasn't found one yet

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

mellyrose wrote:
   My mom has been trying to get a Wii for my dad for Father's Day for a couple months now and hasn't found one yet
That's why my ds is "banking" on Santa to pull thru as "he can make anything, mom ... even a Wii!"

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 02 2008 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

I'm not very happy with my weight right now. Seeing it measured down to the 10th of a pound might depress me a bit. LOL

I want one. $90 is a bit high for us right now but maybe can save up for it. It sounds fun!
Back to Top View Vanna's Profile Search for other posts by Vanna

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged Quote Leonie

I haven't used the Wii Fit yet, as I am on no workouts after surgery. But my kids love it - my 12 year old in particular, is addicted, in a nice way, to the technical side - the weighing,the BMI, the personal trainer. He has been doing some jogging, some boxing and some yoga and balance poses every day this week.

I love that they use the gaming system for fitness.

We also like Wii Sport - virtual games, very active. I like the boxing and the bowling.

websterm
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 04 2008 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote websterm

we just bought a Wii, I talk about it HERE
We are going to be buying the Wii Fit. I am the heaviest I've every been - 25 lbs over what I want to be. Plus I am kinda lazy about exercise but LOVE Yoga I don't own a scale, I only weigh myself when I visit my mom, so I think I will enjoy being able to see if there is any difference.
We just had a new YMCA open near us and I thought about joining but can't justify $65 a month (family membership) for something I may not have time to leave my house for

Marcia

My Thoughts While Learning
Back to Top View websterm's Profile Search for other posts by websterm Visit websterm's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version