Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Quebec City! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SueW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 06 2008 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote SueW

Hi everyone,
We're leaving on a much-anticipated trip to Quebec City in less than a month (May 31- June 7th). This is their 400th anniversary year!
We have a Frommer's Guide, but I was wondering if any of you have visited Quebec and have any tips or ideas on what to see and do. We will be going through Montreal as well (to see St. Joseph's Oratory), but spending most of our time in & around Quebec City.
Our daughter Mary, who speaks French well and is not shy about it will be our interpreter, so there won't be a language issue even if we leave the "beaten paths" on anyone's recommendation.
Thanks so much and God bless you all,
~Sue

Back to Top View SueW's Profile Search for other posts by SueW

MarieA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote MarieA

Have fun! I went there almost 15 years ago and it was very nice! Try to fit in the St. Anne de Beaupre Shrine. It is not far if you are renting a car. Here is the link to it an another site that gives more information on it. My parents have been there many times and love it there! St. Anne de Beaupre . Here is the other site, Canada's famous shrine .

Have a wonderful trip!

Marie
Back to Top View MarieA's Profile Search for other posts by MarieA

SueW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 16 2008 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote SueW

Thanks so much, Marie!
I reposted in another forum and someone found a link to an earlier thread on the same topic (I should have thought of that!). Now am planning on reading Cather's "Shadows on the Rock," and having the kids read "Madeleine Takes Command" before we drive up. On second thought... I may get the book on CD to make the looong drive go by a little more quickly (we live in Virginia).   
Back to Top View SueW's Profile Search for other posts by SueW

MarieA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 16 2008 at 3:09pm | IP Logged Quote MarieA

Sue,

It is a long drive, but a pretty one. I lived in VT when I last did it. I am here in Virginia now, too.

Enjoy Cather, I haven't read that one, but it looks good.

Oh, friends of mine went whale watching while up there, so maybe you can look into that. I don't know if they will be running that early, but they really enjoyed the trip.

(Here are some neat photos that I found on the web of Quebec City.Quebec City and whale watching photos)

Marie
Back to Top View MarieA's Profile Search for other posts by MarieA

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version