Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: For Our Priest - Update 5/5 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Please pray for him - I found out yesterday, a bit too late for me to write a letter to our bishop, that he's being transferred from our parish under a cloud because he's "too conservative." (Translation: He preaches about sin, about choosing Heaven, about the truths of our faith.)

This priest doesn't have the best "bedside manner," if you know what I mean, but he never, ever wavers from proclaiming the truth. Everyone in my family loves his homilies. He's been a real blessing to our homeschool group, and he's so kind and gentle with the children.

He met with the bishop yesterday and now we just have to wait to see where he'll be going next. I'm very frustrated that fellow parishioners have complained and those of us who like this priest didn't get the chance to make our views heard.

Please pray for him. This is a difficult time.

Thanks.

Update 5/5:

Well, all is resolved with the help of the Holy Spirit, according to our priest. He gave a wonderful homily yesterday on how the Spirit has worked in his life, including now. Prior to joining our diocese he had been in a missionary order, and for some time he's been feeling called to go back to missionary work. He put out a few feelers but didn't take action until he met with the personnel priest (I forget the title) a couple of months ago, about a new assignment here, and was told...the diocese thinks he should go back to religious life.(!)

There are a lot of legal entanglements (canon law!), of course, so he was nervous when he finally met with our archbishop last week, hence the prayer request. Wasn't our priest amazed when the bishop not only gave him his blessing but also told him that...the paperwork to release him from religious life in the first place, well, it had never been completed. No entanglements exist, and he'll be rejoining his order in July.

Our priest seems very happy with this outcome, and, although I personally think we need MORE diocesan priests like him, I know he is called to go back to serving the world's poor and broken.

Thank you so much for your prayers...God was listening!

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Prayers Nancy.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:34am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Prayers for you.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

This has happened to too many priests. I know of at least two priests who have left the priesthood and one more questioning his vocation. Mother of the Clergy, pray for them!

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2008 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Praying for all priests.

O God, Who hast appointed Thine only-begotten Son to be the eternal High Priest for the glory of Thy Majesty and the salvation of mankind; grant that they whom He hath chosen to be His ministers and the stewards of His Mysteries, may be found faithful in the fulfillment of the ministry which they have received. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Praying.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 02 2008 at 5:21am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Praying for him right now!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 02 2008 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

This is so sad. I'm praying for him and all other faithful priests in this situation.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: May 02 2008 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Ruth wrote:
Praying for all priests.

O God, Who hast appointed Thine only-begotten Son to be the eternal High Priest for the glory of Thy Majesty and the salvation of mankind; grant that they whom He hath chosen to be His ministers and the stewards of His Mysteries, may be found faithful in the fulfillment of the ministry which they have received. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

Adding my prayers for this and all priests.

Very sad, Nancy.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 02 2008 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

Praying for him!

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 02 2008 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

It takes a great man---a saint--- to be a priest today. I will pray....

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 02 2008 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

Praying for your priest and your parish.

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 05 2008 at 5:30am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Update in original post.

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 05 2008 at 6:23am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I didn't see the original post, Nancy, but glad to see the happy update!! Praying for your priest.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 05 2008 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Nancy--I'm glad for the update and the happy outcome for this man of God. We will add him to our missionary prayer list.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Wow, Nancy...your update really touched my heart! I'm sorry for your loss and will pray for your priest.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Philothea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 05 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote Philothea

What a nice update! I am sorry you are losing a good priest, but glad to know there was nothing sinister going on.
Back to Top View Philothea's Profile Search for other posts by Philothea

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 05 2008 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

I like to think of it as sending someone strong and steadfast in the truths of our faith to where he can share these truths with those most in need. He will need lots of prayers to help him avoid burnout - I will be praying that his superiors look closely at every missionary priest's "burnout level" frequently - but I am confident that he's following God's plan, and that is what counts.

The other really good thing is that he shared this process with all of us. I couldn't help but think of my ds and all the other young men out there, hearing this testimony to the works of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps we were blessed with this priest for a very special reason - maybe we won't see the fruits of this homily for many years, but I'm hopeful we'll have more "native sons" praying about vocations in the future. (Our latest "native son" is now the archbishop's priest-secretary!)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version