Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How long for recovery/shopping Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 29 2008 at 6:54pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

After an afternoon in town doing basic shopping, dr. appointments, bank, etc. I am wiped out. I feel like I should jump right into my day at home, but I am just toast after driving around all day trying to keep children happy and get my chores done.

What do you when you get home after a run to town? Do you allow downtime or do you keep the momentum going? I feel like I am such a wimp for wanting to come home, kick off my shoes, nurse the baby and veg out. Today I put a movie in but that h/s mother voice in me is calling me to drag out the books and try to do what we can before bed.

I hope this doesn't sound like a whine, it isn't meant to be. I would love to hear what you do after a 4-5 hour trip to town. If I am being slothful, tell me. I can take it, I really want to improve myself where ever I can.

mama251ders
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote mama251ders

I come home, put the kids in front of a movie (well chosen and educational if possible ) or shove them all outside together and then come here and visit all of you! After I have done that, I sometimes stay holed up in my sewing room/office and knit or sew for a while. If I try to do something really productive or try to get the kids to do school, it always ends bloody !

I do try to keep my errand running to one day if possible, or at least keep the bulk of them on one day. I also try to get out on Saturdays by myself or with my mom to get stuff done and leave the kids with my hubby.

I think you are totally justified in vegging out after a day like that. Put your feet up and relax for a bit. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Blessings,
Betsie

Back to Top View mama251ders's Profile Search for other posts by mama251ders

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, my goodness! After all that I may even take an additional day to recover!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

I veg. (and feel guilty about it too.)

Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I usually try and take about 30 minutes or so to destress a bit.. then we get everything put away.. and then take a bit more time off.. just depends on what else we have to do, what the actual time is etc.

When I plan well.. we can get a bit of schoolish stuff done in the morning.. eat lunch.. and go do errands and get home with time to crash before needing to start dinner.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

lapazfarm wrote:
Oh, my goodness! After all that I may even take an additional day to recover!
Exactly! It seems to take the night before an outing to prepare, the day to shop/run errands and then crash when I get home, and even then the next day isn't really "normal" (whatever that is )

I am an introvert, and I LOVE being home, so I wonder if it has something to do with my personality. Towns, cars, lots of people, lots to do, just totally overwhelms me.

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Yep, playtime or a movie for them, coffee and 4Real for me! I am a big introvert, too.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I veg too. I'd say the only time I can manage to come home and continue where I left off so to speak, is if we were out for less than 30 minutes...like a quick kiddo pickup somewhere. But if groceries are anyway involved...HA...it's overwhelming to me. I think a lot of thinking outside of the house for me...like shopping, making decisions, figuring out how to avoid traffic, making sure all are happy, the more I have to do that while out, the more drained I am. That's why I guess I can swing a quick pickup or dropoff, even a quick run to the library to pick up books on hold (note...on hold, no decision making at time of pickup!) doesn't kill me.   

Oh and yes I feel pathetic. I don't know how these ladies who work all day outside of the home, come home and then can cook dinner. We'd have cereal every night!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

mavmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote mavmama

Maddie wrote:

I am an introvert, and I LOVE being home, so I wonder if it has something to do with my personality. Towns, cars, lots of people, lots to do, just totally overwhelms me.

I feel exactly that way! We usually put stuff away and then the kids go off to play and I sit and knit or come here for a while. When we lived in the country we would go three, sometimes four days without going to town; that was heaven on earth to us

Back to Top View mavmama's Profile Search for other posts by mavmama

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

So glad to hear this...I thought something was wrong with me
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Same for me. Today is our crazy day (mind you we only do swimming in the spring)- am swimming for youngers, afternoon homeschool coop, then evening swimming lessons for older two. My, after homeschool coop we all need to veg- it wears us all out being away that long and running around.

I grab a tea and come here often too!!

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

You are all making me feel so much better!

Big to all of you!!!!!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version