Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How 'bout wicker? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 28 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I have to stop cleaning and spending time at home.....it gives me to much time to find all the things that drive me crazy in my house.

Is there such thing as comfortable wicker furniture that does not cost an arm and a leg? The last loveseat I bought at a yard sale was not all that comfy. I saw a darling sunroom in the latest BH&G magazine (I was sitting in the orthodontist waiting room) and now I am dreaming of wicker.

The love seat we have in the sunroom now is such an embarassment. It is oversized and all the slipcovers I have tried in the past just do not work. Maybe I will just have it re-upholstered.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2008 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

I know what you mean Mary Chris about seeing the flaws in a house when you're in it too long!! (and btw I love that you have a beat up loveseat).

I LOVE wicker, but I stay away from it because I don't think it would survive my house. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a resin set for the basement or outdoors though...

I think I only like white wicker though. And sorry no recommendations.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2008 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

Wicker. I liked it. And did find comfort. But it is hard to clean in this dusty house. The dust gets in all the little cracks and drives me crazy. Add in young kids jumping on it to sit--it isn't very strong. I prefer an old fashioned sofa--for now.
Just my 2 cents
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version