Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Having trouble eating & sleeping Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 22 2008 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

A little background ... I'm 26.5 weeks along in my pregnancy. I've been "backing up" ... don't know the technical term ... every night for about a week. Last night, I ran to the bathroom because it came up with such force. Not a whole lot came out, but I was coughing for about 20 minutes afterward. I try to eat hours before I lie down, but it doesn't make a difference. For instance, I'm wiped out right now and could use a nap, but tried to lie down three hours after lunch to no avail. It feels like my food is in my throat.

Maybe I should just eat 1/2 or 1/4 of what I'd been eating. I'm not very hungry, anyway. I know that usually the last few weeks a pregnant mom's hunger usually recedes. But I didn't think that would happen during the whole last trimester! How frustrating!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 23 2008 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

So sorry. This is no fun. Have you tried taking digestive enzymes before you eat? They are completely safe during pregnancy as they are simply enzymes from fruits such as papaya and pineapple. You can get some good quality ones at any Health Food Store or Vitamin Shoppe. I tend to trust anything made by "Garden of Life." It's worth a try!

Also, we are at about the same point in our pregnancies.(I'm due at the end of July) In my case, I am so sick the first trimester that when my appetite comes back during the second trimester I tend to go overboard and eat way too much. Recently, I had to cut back on what I was eating. After I did, I felt much better. You probably aren't eating as much as I have been.      Anyway, maybe a combination of the two will help. I'll be praying for you.

DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Willa

Maybe several small meals throughout the day would help.

I think acidophilus cultures can be helpful for some... in yogurt or buttermilk.

Fluids are important during the day for digestive processes, but too much fluid taken with meals can cause digestive slowdowns.

I have read that some foods are known reflux triggers -- here's a list. The list says "heartburn" but reflux is another aspect of the same issue, I believe.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2008 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I spent much of my last pregnancy feeling as you describe. I slept in a large chair, mostly upright; small, low-fat meals helped too.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2008 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

I haven't tried the digestive enzymes or acidopholus. But I *have* tried the small meals 4 or 5 x per day. The first night after I posted this little issue I'm having, I had a cup (literally!) of rice for dinner.

I already swore off of spaghetti with marinara a few weeks ago. It's a shame because it's so easy to make! Chili is unacceptable, too.

And though I craved it with ALL my girls and in early pregnancy with this one, I've quite given up on grapefruit juice and vinegar and oil salad dressing. I pretty much avoid anything acidic. And I love those little clementines that are so in season right now!

Well ... for better or for worse, it's working. I guess I need to remind myself that light is good. I'll have less weight to lose at the end of all this, right?

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version