Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Is this normal? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

I hope this is not TMI. My veryional 14 year old just got ger cycle for the 3rd time and she's on day 2 today. She's been falling apart since yesterday. I've NEVER her like this before. She's crying out of control, over everything, like chores, sharing a room with her 12 year old sister, etc. She's not even complaning about the pain, She's just having these irrational meltdowns and it made me feel so helpless. Is this typical of a highly sensitive child? Our 18dd just goes in her room during that time and sleeps it off. They're so different.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

ah... who knows what normal is?

I was a complete mess from most of 6th grade to I think right before 8th grade started. When that time came round, I either cried, got mad, or slept. Sometimes I even combined those activities, but I never had a cycle cramp, ache, or bloating until after my 5th baby was born.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I would be giving out red raspberry leaf in capsules or tea.. it help with balancing the hormones and can really help with those irrational moments.. I use it myself.. and I've started giving it to my 11 yr old.. no cycles yet but I think the hormones are starting

I do make sure she understands that she is in charge of her reactions and how she treats others.. and that she can choose to use something to help her (the rrlt) or not, but that not using it doesn't give her permission to "lose it".

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Ruth -- have you tried pulsatilla

[quote from Mothernature.com]
Pulsatilla: This remedy can be helpful during many conditions involving hormonal changes and is often helpful to girls who have recently started having periods. PMS with irritability, moodiness, and weepiness is typical. Delay or suppression of the menstrual flow can be accompanied by queasy feelings, nausea, and faintness. Being too warm or in a stuffy room makes things worse, and fresh air can bring relief. The timing, amount, and nature of the menstrual flow are changeable—as are the woman’s moods—when Pulsatilla is the remedy. The woman usually is emotional and needy, wanting a lot of attention and comforting.
[/quote]

My SIL (who has 4 girls pratically all in sync with her cycle) swears by it!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Barbara C.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote Barbara C.

Yes, it is very normal. I used to have crazy hormone swings during the first few years of my periods. I remember once watching "Top Gun" for like the fifty billionth time, and when Goose died I just lost it. I cried for an hour and a half, when it had never affected me before.

It never failed that our drama productions would always fall during that time of the month. The stress of late rehearsals, school, and trying to get everything perfect would inevitably lead me to tears at least once during that week. It didn't help that I never slept well the first few days of my period and constant lower back ache.

Looking back I realized that all the unknowns about how "my" body works really added to my stress levels. I really wished that I had known about sympto-thermal charting back then. I think it would have helped me understand more about what was going on with me as an individual and made me feel confident and normal. I totally plan to teach my girls to chart for a few months just to see how all of those vague biology descriptions apply to them as a person.

I will also keep the red raspberry leaf and pulsatilla in mind for those hormone swings.

Mom to "spirited" dd(9), "spunky" dd (6), "sincere" dd (3), "sweet" dd (2), and baby girl #5 born 8/1/12!!
Box of Chocolates
Back to Top View Barbara C.'s Profile Search for other posts by Barbara C. Visit Barbara C.'s Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Ruth, I second what they say above. It has all worked for us here.

I hope you do not mind, but I moved the post to Our Lady of Good Remedy
\
God bless your daughter.....and her mom as you move this territory

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 03 2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Ruth -

This doesn't sound all to different from things that sometimes happen in our house, or have happened in the past, with 4 dd of that age (and looking forward to the 5th dd getting there )

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Chari wrote:
Ruth, I second what they say above. It has all worked for us here.

I hope you do not mind, but I moved the post to Our Lady of Good Remedy
\
God bless your daughter.....and her mom as you move this territory

No, that's great, Chari. I actually thought about posting it here, but I wasn't sure about it.

I got the tea today. I'm praying it works. Today was another, bigger meltdown. Poor thing.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I knew that Red Raspberry helped control bleeding and strengthened the uterus, but I had no ides it helped with moods too. I drank a half gallon a day when I was expecting #4 because I had been a heavy post partum bleeder before. OM Goodness, I swear by it now!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:26am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Red Raspberry is certainly God's herbal gift to women, here is a helpful quote:

"Raspberry is also a hormone balancer, it regulates and cleanses the blood of excess hormones, therefore it is recommended during times of hormone flux, such as PMS, Pregnancy, and Menopause. Headaches, moodiness, over active emotions, even painful cramping, and other symptoms of these ailments can all be caused by an imbalance of hormones in the body. Drinking Raspberry leaf tea will help to flush out any excess of hormones in the blood helping to relieve all of these symptoms."

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Well, the tea made her nauseous, so now I'm off to find some capsules for her. We'll see if that works next month.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I'm going to have to keep this in mind (not just for myself--I've got three dds, one after the other, and the oldest--who just turned 8!--is already showing signs of the moodiness and "growth"...

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version