Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Anyone in TN or northern AL? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Angel

We're going to be heading down to TN to visit family late next month. First we'll be in Memphis, and then we'll visit my parents who live in southern middle TN (about an hour south of Nashville, hour west of Chattanooga, and an hour north of Huntsville, AL).

If any of you live in those areas, would you consider sort of an informal get together? When we are in Memphis, we will probably need to get out of my inlaws' hair for a little while, considering that my fil will still be recovering from hip replacement surgery. And we will be staying with my parents for 2 weeks while dh travels.

Plus we are sort of surreptitiously checking out the homeschooling scene in those areas.

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Hey Angela - We're right here in Huntsville, and would love to get together! Timing could be an issue as this baby might come at the end of Feb, which is when you guys are heading this way.

I'm game to give it a try though. Janet (ALMom) lives very close to us as well, but I won't volunteer her!    Hopefully, she'll see this. Kristen in TN might be around too?? There are a few of us anyway. There are probably more in Memphis and the Chattanooga area. Can't wait to hear/see who else is around.

Keep me posted, or pm me if you have any questions! How exciting! Hope the baby stays put so we can visit!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

Hi Angel,

We would love to get togther. I'll send you a private message with our info.

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

Anne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 6:01pm | IP Logged Quote Anne

Hey Angel,
We live in the Chattanooga area. We would love a visit!
There are many sites and museums and our children are similar ages. I also have twins! Sounds like a lot of fun. PM me or email and we can exchange datails.

Back to Top View Anne's Profile Search for other posts by Anne

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:01pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Angela, we're in Memphis. Would love to get together. There are some nice parks near my house if the weather's nice, or there's the children's museum, which is a great place for blowing off multi-age energy.

PM me -- I'd love to meet you.

Sally

PS -- The homeschooling here is great. We have a large and very active Catholic homeschool group, some supportive priests, and lots to do. I don't know how long you'll be here, but our group meets for First Friday Mass every month, with some classes and social time afterwards. Anyway, we have been blessed to know many, many wonderful families. Maybe we can arrange an informal larger get-together.

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

PS -- our Memphis Catholic homeschool conference is in March, if any of you TN/North Alabama ladies are interested. I ought to have the dates memorized, but I don't -- I'll look them up and post them.

Sally

Marjorie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote Marjorie

Hi, Angel,

We live about 1 1/2 hrs south of Chattanooga in Georgia.
You all would be VERY welcome to come down a bit further south if you felt like getting away :-) or we could meet you in Chattanooga for a fun day. The downtown area has a great aquarium, children's museum and an IMAX. If the weather is nice there is a park by the river too.

Lettres de mon Moulin
Back to Top View Marjorie's Profile Search for other posts by Marjorie

8kids4me
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote 8kids4me

I WISH I was in N. AL. My family is all there, and I would love nothing more than to be there already, then I could meet you too!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version