Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: not homeschool related... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CAgirl4God
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote CAgirl4God

but effects the mood of our household today... lol

Football
'our' team lost yesterday. the San Diego Chargers. I think dh is their biggest fan. lol.
and to add indult to injury... Eli Manning is now on his way to the SB....

dh is sad today.

thank goodness it is a holiday and we are distracting him with a beach day lol.

anyone else bummed or happy about their teams preformance yesterday??
Back to Top View CAgirl4God's Profile Search for other posts by CAgirl4God

Barbara C.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Barbara C.

My husband was really rooting for the Packers last night. Even though I'm not an avid sports fan, I was, too. I was thinking how fun it would be to see my older dd don her Packers uniform to watch the Super Bowl. (The uniform was bought at her request because she proclaimed herself a Packers fan at age 3; we think she liked the color scheme.)

I think my husband wanted Favre (sp?) to have another shot at the Super Bowl since he may retire. And my husband, the sports historian, has a soft spot for Lambeau Field. However, we live right outside Chicago, so he always walks a fine line between a Packers fan and a Bears fan.

Mom to "spirited" dd(9), "spunky" dd (6), "sincere" dd (3), "sweet" dd (2), and baby girl #5 born 8/1/12!!
Box of Chocolates
Back to Top View Barbara C.'s Profile Search for other posts by Barbara C. Visit Barbara C.'s Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

CAgirl4God wrote:
anyone else bummed or happy about their teams preformance yesterday??

Well, as a lifelong New Englander, it's probably no surprise my household is very much UP today!

Go Pats!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Giants fan here, so my team won! But... I did have similar sentimental feelings for Favre and the Packers.

My niece, a college freshman, watching one of the Packers games said of Favre: "Look at him; he's got gray hair -- he's just so old."

Having both growing salt and pepper and very similar age "stats" to Favre, I started to tease her... and decided that I could be in favor of both the Giants and the Packers with the "old" quarterback.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

I was FREEZING all day yesterday just watching the games! DH is a NY native, so everyone was pretty thrilled here that the Pats and Giants won.

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote Chari

um, Jamie..........MY husband may be the biggest Charger fan .......

(his family is still in Santee, where he grew up)

either way, he is bummed, too

....but, hey, he took it better this year.......could it be the fact they lost to such a winning team????

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

i think it would be cool if Eli led the Giants to an upset of the Pats and was named MVP the year after his brother won the award...

definitely pulling for the underdog... would just like to have the "undefeated, perfect season" remain something that no team has attained...

-T

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

theNetSmith wrote:
would just like to have the "undefeated, perfect season" remain something that no team has attained...

-T

Aw, now where's the fun in that, Tim?

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Well, I really wanted the Packers to win, really really wanted them to win. I was comforted by the fact that a certain Foss boy will have a little brother to cheer for in the SB . Of course I must cheer for the Giants (sorry Dawn)...can't have an AFC team win...perfect or not.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

Dawn wrote:
theNetSmith wrote:
would just like to have the "undefeated, perfect season" remain something that no team has attained...

-T

Aw, now where's the fun in that, Tim?

...says the Pats fan.

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I have several ds's who like the Chargers, but ever since Turner was the Redskins coach...ugh...don't like him (my own issue). So I was pleased about the Pats anyways because a good friend in highschool's younger brother is on the Pats (#53, Izzo). I tend to root for them for him. My dh things I'm crazy!

As far as the Giants vs. Packers, the adults here wanted the Packers and the ds's wanted the Giants. I was bummed for Favre (isn't he Catholic? or at least his wife is??). Again, I'm the big Redskins fan and I'll always remember the Giants as being the team who crushed my fave Joe Theismann for life...don't think I hold a grudge or anything do I

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

We were all for the Packers, too. Been a fan all my life even though I'm a westerner (my Dad is from Wisconsin). I admire Favre (old guy that he is) and wish he could have had one more Superbowl appearance.

Now it all comes down to rooting AGAINST the Patriots (so sorry Dawn and all other New England fans). I pretty much like the underdogs - I don't like sports dynasties or pretty boy quarterbacks! Also can't let Boston have football and baseball in one year!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

It's like deja vu all over again...As a Pat's fan in NY, I keep a low profile. Oh, wait. I don't watch football, and we don't have a TV (for broadcast). Never mind.

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

A Pats fan here! I've been a fan since their big loss to Chicago a lifetime ago. My inlaws were at the game and sent pictures. They looked frozen! They also said that the Charger fans were muttering as they were leaving, "Why don't they build a dome?".   

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

A football related question...

Some boys at Church were telling us that the team owners of the Pittsburg Steelers are such devout Catholics, they are the only NFL team w/o cheerleaders. Has anyone else heard this?

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Hey that is interesting...I did some googling and it seems true!

I found this . It also looks like the National Catholic Register has an article about it too, but you had to register to look at the archives...and I'm too lazy !

Neat bit of trivia...but I have to admit, I wouldn't have guessed, considering when Bill Cowher (sp?) was coach, you never wanted to lip-read him, yikes! He never hid any emotion!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 12:24am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Same here, MacBeth........my poor dh has to "plan" each weekend, how and where to watch his Chargers

CAgirl4God
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote CAgirl4God

LOL glad to hear we are not the only ones...

now as for Eli... well as a charger family... we won't go there! LOL

but undefeated is pretty cool and the Pats are AFC... so naturally we vote for the PATS... and it helps that we live in NE for a while... lol

and when we moved here dh was worried about how to get the games.. he thought we could get satelite, but couldn't. so no NFL ticket.. then he thought he could get this thing online.. but couldn't. poor guy he was in a near panic! LOL but then he subscribed to something online and get the radio show when the games are on! LOL... oh the lengths he goes...

but only three more weeks then we (me) gets a break from the football! LOL
Back to Top View CAgirl4God's Profile Search for other posts by CAgirl4God

administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Feb 04 2008 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote administrator

theNetSmith, on January 21, wrote:
i think it would be cool if Eli led the Giants to an upset of the Pats and was named MVP the year after his brother won the award...

Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 04 2008 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

administrator wrote:
theNetSmith, on January 21, wrote:

Ooooooooh, aaaaaah. Eeerie, Tim! What a great call! Down to the letter prediction!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version