Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Breast lump is a lymph node Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

That's what the ultrasound said. Has anyone had any experience with this? The ultrasound tech said it could be an infection (my very cracked nipple is on the same breast, I actually like this theory). She said they would schedule me for a follow up in a few months. I assume the surgeon I saw Wed will call with more information.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Would you mind sharing your story so that I don't sit here and worry?    If you'd rather PM me, that would be great too. I welcome all prayers and reassurances.   

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Caroline, when I was pregnant with my youngest son (now 6) I had a lump form under my right armpit; it was a swollen lymph node. They told me it could happen for all kinds of (not scary) reasons like allergy or a recent illness (even a cold). It was swollen for some time, but finally went down.

I'll keep praying for you!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Caroline - Had a scary experience on the tail end of nursing my last little boy. I found a lump in my breast and was so frightened. Of course, I nearly panicked when they kept on calling me back for more pics. In the end, it was nothing, just weird breast tissue. Not an uncommon thing for nursing or just post-nursing moms they said. It was quite frightening, but I'm betting your trouble is of the same nature.

While waiting for a couple of weeks for definitive news though, I decided there was nothing I could do to control the outcome at that point. I focused on trusting in Our Lord's Mercy, and I begged Our Lady to keep me busy and my imagination focused on good things. Each time I started to panic, I simply said "Jesus, I trust in You." I experienced great peace and was resolved to accept whatever cross lay before me. I was relieved that the news was good, but how pleased I was that Our Lady had protected me from the temptations of my imagination so I hadn't wasted all that precious time with my children worrying and imagining every possible awful scenario. Take this to prayer, put your faith into practice, and ask Our Lady to cover you with her mantle! I will be praying from my end!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I'm hesitant to post this but...
I had the reverse happen. I had a swollen lymph node when my first baby was just a few weeks old. The doctor told me it was due to nursing. The node waxed and waned for the next eighteen months. Sometimes it was bigger, sometime nearly noticeable. I mentioned it to the doctor several times. And every time, it was dismissed. When Michael was eighteen months old, I saw a different doctor. He did a chest Xray. Turns out that node was just the beginning. I had a much bigger lump in my chest cavity between my heart and lungs. That was the beginning of my cancer story. Of course, that was nineteen years ago. No one ever did an ultrasound of the first node originally.No one kept calling me back for more pictures. Medicine has come a long way.We lost a lot of time in those eighteen months and my treatment would have been very different if it had been caught earlier.I'm glad you were quick and persistent Caroline. I've been worried about you.My lesson was never to attribute something to breastfeeding unless specific tests bear that out.Always insist they check it out.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth and Caroline, was the first lump painful? This is always a question I have when people find lumps and I never find out!

Starting off with a new breastfeeding routine is once again causing all sorts of soreness and painful lumps...Last baby I had chronic mastitis and had a lump but it was cleared by the ultrasound and mammogram.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Mine isn't painful at all. I hope you have an easier time nursing this time around Jenn!

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

I had a lump in my left breast in my armpit area. An ultrasound revealed it was on a lymph node; I was assured it was nothing to worry about ... apparently many women have this problem. I did have to go in for an ultrasound every six months, but after one year, the lump was gone.

While this was going on, I took Vitamin E. A dear friend recommended this to me. I also tried to cut back on caffenine, but I was not able to give up my coffee. I just limited myself to a couple of cups a day.

I will keep you in my prayers!

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Jenn,
My lump was painful. My oncologist swears to this day that Hodgkin's Disease is not painful. He's never had it . The lump in my chest was not painful at all--I didn't even know I had it. The other important thing is that my lump wasn't on or around my breast. It was supraclavicular. That means it sat on the collarbone. Still, the OB kept attributing the swelling to breastfeeding. When in doubt, check it out. And keep checking until you are certain that your answer is reasonable.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version