Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Making hard copies of digital photos Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 2:48am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I cannot have my trip photos printed at walmart....they chop off my photos since their machines cannot handle the digital size.

I noticed that Snapfish CAN do the digital size...for about 8 or 9 cents/print

And, Creative memories photo center will do it for 19 cents.....which is okay with me, since it is the same price as Walmart

....I trust CM...but I have never seen the quality of snapfish's photos. Can anyone tell me how they turn out, if you have experience with them?

Also, for those of you who do not print them yourselves (which I will NOT), where do you have them printed, in the digital size?

I hope I am making sense....it is really late here.

Goodnight!

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 3:01am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

I love snapfish. I use them frequently....
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

How about Costco? I've used them once, but my mother uses them frequently...same with Target. Apparently you can get your prints from Shutterfly printed at Target too so you don't have to pay shipping.

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

I love Snapfish. That is the only way I develop my film, since I don't have to go anywhere to drop it off. They will give you a free trial, and all you have to pay for is the shipping. Then you can test it out. There should be something on the website, or I can send it to your email if you PM me.

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Chari -
Don't know if you're using a PC or a mac, so I just thought I'd mention another option in case you use a mac. I print from Apple directly from iphoto. It has been sooooo easy. The prices were comparable. I didn't have to go anywhere, and 2 days later the pics arrived in my mailbox. If you're using iphoto it couldn't be easier, you just click order prints from the bottom of iphoto. Don't know if this is applicable or not to you - so just ignore me if you're using a PC.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I have used Walgreens.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Margaret
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote Margaret

I just today received my first snapfish photos in the mail and was pleased.
Love,
Margaret
Back to Top View Margaret's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

Not to pick on them but I did have some trouble with Snapfish prints in the past. When using film. There were dust spots and also some lines on the prints. Once some color issues. I still use them occasionally(as they gave me more free prints for my troubles)but not for the high quality things I need. I go to my local camera shop.
Sorry Snapfish lovers. I did LOVE them for awhile....
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

graciefaith
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 2:14am | IP Logged Quote graciefaith

You can get them done by snapfish but pick them up locally now. Their price is pretty cheap....9 cents per picture. I like Snapfish. I have them printed out with matte finish rather than glossy. In my experience, they have turned out great and i have not been disappointed.

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Are you on dial up?
We use Costco and I have been very pleased with them. We use them for our annual calendar and one of the presents I got Jim for Christmas was a poster of pictures of the kids. I upload the pictures to them, and then click on the ones I want printed.

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I use Target's photo - thru a Kodak gallery account. I ordered 50 of the our family Christmas picture and went and picked them up an hour later! They're so nice there and make it as reasonable as they can (I'm always getting coupons etc).

I haven't done their mail service yet, but will as I got a "free mug" when I signed up and that can only be done by mail....

Just another option ....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I appreciate everyone's comments (no mac here, but thanks, jennifer!).......

I just need to make sure that you understand.....in regards to the prints the must be able to be printed in the DIGITAL size....

I guess I will try snapfish, and pray that I get to avoid the problems Anne had....(what are you using now?)

I DO have dial-up....so, I cannot even begin to do this from home......I have to save them to a flash drive and take them to a friend's house to send to snapfish. I brought some to do that at my sister's house while I am here. They say we will never get DSL where I live.....I am trying to be good and accept my lot in life ...but it can be a pain

So, does Target do them in the DIGITAL size, or Costco?

I live one to 1.5 hrs from either of those....and the soonest we get to costco is once every 6 weeks.....and to target, almost never....but, I will do it for digital prints. I can get to wlamart 40 min away and so that one would be so much easier, but they chop off the edges of my pictures when they stretch them to fit the 4x6 size. I want my WHOLE picture.....that is why I took it! I have about 3000 photos to be developed, and I want to see them all in their full beauty....without the boy over 6 foot missing the top of his head in every photo

one last question about Snapfish....do you think their quality will last about 100 yrs....that's my goal .....can anyone compare them to the quality at Wal mart?

Thanks, ladies!

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I don't know what size digital prints are , is it different from 4x6, etc? Are you talking about the mega pixels?

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

I am not sure how to quote, but the few times I have had problems with Snapfish, they reprinted everything for no cost.

Chari, I have been using Snapfish for a few years now, and though it has been years, it hasn't been 100!    I am not sure how to compare it!

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

I like Shutterfly.
About the same price as Snapfish, but I find you can make digital albums that are more user friendly for others if you choose to share.

Heidi
The Flat on Cabaniss Crescent
Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version