Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: HELP!! ebay dispute Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

HELP!!

Two weeks ago I ordered a Tomie dePaola book on ebay (the Three Kings). I did "buy it now." I can't remember exactly how I did it (it was all pretty confusing), but I thought everything was taken care of and I've been waiting for the book to come from Canada, etc.

Well, this morning I got an e-mail from the seller asking me if I was going to pay, etc?? I checked my e-bay account and it said it was paid on the screen - I couldn't make heads or tails out of paypal. (This is only my third paypal purchase in 5 years)!!

Then I checked my credit card and it was charged the very next day and read, "PayPal *BooksonPages" (the name of the seller).

So... I wrote her back and told her that my account was charged. She should check the problem on her end...

Well she wrote back this:

Quote:
OK, I've noticed as well that it takes a long time to clear payments. I guess this is for a Christmas gift, so I'd better get it mailed to you. But before it's paid, I don't get your address, so please let me know what it is and I'll just put the book in the mail, and wait for the funds to come. This isn't policy on ebay, but what the heck, it's the holidays.

Looks like you're a new ebay member, so rest assured it gets easier as you get used to the whole complex system.

So let me have your address, external email, and phone number, and I'll send the book so it gets to you on time.

I would love to get this book in a timely fashion -- but is that dangerous to pass on that information? I know I've paid -- my credit card statement says so!! Should I just write ebay and see if they can confirm the transaction... or what??

Any advice? Has anyone had this problem??

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

It sounds like the seller is telling you that it's been taking longer than usual for paypal to get the info to her. She doesn't get your address until paypal sends everything to her. She's only asking for your address to mail it (not financial info), so I think she sounds legit. Just my 2 cents.

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Yes, it sounds like even though she hasn't received payment, she wants to get the book to you for Christmas.

Last Christmas I had something similar happen, and the seller trusted the payment would come and sent me the book so we would have it for Christmas. (Wow!)

Caroline is right, the seller isn't asking for more money, just your address to send the book. Sounds like she trusts you made the payment and she's just waiting on paypal.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

That's reassuring for *me* then... but I don't want to short change her either. Does anyone sell on ebay? Is this common? It's been almost a full two weeks since my credit card statement recorded the transaction!! Shouldn't funds just transfer??

She doesn't know that I'm an honest person.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Since you have made the payment, her beef is with paypal. Judging from her email to you, though, she knows they're having problems. Paypal should have sent you an email detailing the transaction (but leaving out sensitive financial information) right after you paid. This email is specific enough to assure her that you have paid, but leaves out enough of your personal information that you could forward it to her.

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

If you can't find the email from paypal regarding your transaction, you can always log into paypal and look at your history to see the payment. I would forward her the pertinent info (the date, amount, email sent to, etc.)

I've been using paypal and ebay for years and have never waited more than a few days to receive payment via paypal. There's a possibility that she received your payment, but didn't get the email (it was put in her spam folder, for instance) and didn't research HER paypal account to verify if you paid or not.

I would definitely look into your paypal account to verify your payment and go from there. Paypal sent your money somewhere (since your credit card was charged) but possibly it went to the wrong person (that has happened to me a couple times.)

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I think something is going on with Paypal right now. My husband bought a part for the truck this week and spent a long time last night messing around with Paypal. He's been on EBay/Paypal since its infancy so is super used to the systems, Maryan. It's not just you!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Yes, paypal is having problems, I've heard too.
I'd give her your address.....she'd have it anyway if she was paid. Nothing to worry about.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version