Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Bedwetting solutions? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Syncletica
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Syncletica

Just wondering if anyone has any? I just got some Happy Heiny's trainers, but I have to load them with many inserts and they still leak. And he looks like a clown. He has a 'waddle walk' with them. He's a heavy sleeper, don't know if I should spend money on a bedwetting alarm or not. Any ideas?
Back to Top View Syncletica's Profile Search for other posts by Syncletica Visit Syncletica's Homepage

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

How old is your son?

Both my boys day-trained perfectly by 2.5, but my oldest didn't night-train until 5 years, 3 months. He just turned 7 and has had maybe 3 accidents since then. I used pull-ups (couldn't find a cloth solution that didn't leak) and when he was dry for 7 days straight, we went to underwear. He really wanted to stop wearing pull-ups, though, and was motivated.

My middle child is 5.5 and still wears pull ups at night, and doesn't seem to have any desire to get out of them. DH & I were just talking about how to help him -- as he has much different motivators than my oldest. Dh wants to stop the pull-ups cold-turkey, but I really hate changing wet sheets in the middle of the night.

The doctor at his last checkup said it was fairly normal for a 5 year old to still wet at night. I remember I felt like there was something wrong when my oldest couldn't stay dry at night when he was 3, until a friend told me that her sons didn't stay dry at night until 5 and almost 6.

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

Syncletica
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote Syncletica

My son is 5 years and 1 month. I did have him in Pull ups, but even they leaked much of the time, and they cost too much money. (Good-Nites held out a bit better, but they are even more expensive for each one and I can't afford to keep buying either of them. I don't have the problem of changing wet sheets in the middle of the night, though, because he's such a heavy sleeper, they don't bother him. For a while I was just putting him in regular underwear, sometimes he'd get up and change himself, but most of the time he slept all the way through it. In the morning he'd get up and give himself a bath. I have him on a toddler bed with a waterproof mattress pad only, then his blankets. Works for me until I can move him back to a regular bed.
Back to Top View Syncletica's Profile Search for other posts by Syncletica Visit Syncletica's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 1:11am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

All my girls are late training at night. Heavy wetters too. One trained at 5.5, one at 5, third daughter is 4 and not even close.

We just started waking up dd-4 before we go to bed at night to go, and that has helped the soaking through, but she still is wet in the am.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 2:53am | IP Logged Quote LucyP

Our son is 3y11m, and a heavy wetter - but my nappy lady says all mothers say that! That said, he was in Pampers and had to wear one on top of another to cope with almost daily leak throughs.

Now we have him in either Totsbots Fluffles (VERY quick drying) or Totsbots Bamboozles at night, I add a homemade booster made from half a terry square or 1/4 of a terry baby towel + a fleece liner cut from old fleece clothing. He does have a big bottom, but he actually likes that, but he doesn't have to waddle or anything.

Because we are trying to minimise laundry and avoid all tumble drying, we won't try to night train until he is staying dryer at nights - maybe we'll try next summer.

We haven't had a single leak! And
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

With my sons, it seemed that when they ate or drank dairy, they would wet at night. I remember ice cream, especially, caused it. I wonder if it was the combination of sugar and dairy? They both outgrew this and can have dairy now with no problems.

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Our 3yo daughter still wets occasionally at night, though it's gradually getting better. A combination of restricting how much they drink after 4 pm (this one would guzzle down milk nonstop if I let her), and getting them up to go potty before we go to bed, around 11 or 12, has been the most helpful thing for us with all our kids, but time and patience seem to be the real key.

Sally

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version