Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: moving baby into bedroom with sibs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
melanie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote melanie

What age do you all do this? My 3yo is still sleeping in a crib in what used to be his room but is now our school/play room. I'd like to have that room all for school and play now, but it's going to be hard to keep him in a toddler bed in a room with the 7yo. Is there an easier age to do this? We are pregnant and plan on putting the new baby in our room, but I don't know if I really want to share my bedroom until *this* baby is 3 also.

slightlycrunchycatholic.blogspot.com
Back to Top View melanie's Profile Search for other posts by melanie Visit melanie's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

We always do it at 21 months when the next guy comes along since we don't share our room with the kids. It hasn't been horrific, but it's not easy either. I can't imagine it's easy at any age though.    Our biggest question this time is which 3 to group together or should the baby go in a closet?

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

well I find that mine will shift very easily from sleeping with mom and dad to sleeping with a sibling usually between 2 and 3 yrs. But even if we used cribs there's no way one could keep any of my kids in for long anyway. Why not just move the crib into the child's room.. and then after the room is settled in.. start switching from crib to bed. No clue how to do that since I've never used one.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I am discerning this very thing for my 2.5yo. I love having her in bed with us but I know it is about time to transition her to the "big girl room"   

In the past, the birth of a sibling would push the youngest from our bed to a co-sleeper (aka crib that was adjusted to my bed's height) We did away with that a few years ago because of the tightness of our bedroom.   The last evict-ee (my now 4.5yo ds) transitioned into a bed very easily when he was just past 2. I made his bed special and he thinks it is great to be there. At first I would stay with him in bed till he fell asleep. Then I would sit on the floor by his bed singing to him softly till he fell asleep. I eventually was able to tell him I would be there in 5 minutes with him laying down on the pillow. If he made it for 5 minutes with his head on the pillow being quiet, I would come in...eventually he just said "good night, Mom!" rolled over and went to sleep. I think I cried that first day..my little man seemed so grown up...I am such a goof.

After this latest bought of bad chest colds, I decided to move my 2.5yo after the worst of winter was past...so she will be just 3. I like monitoring her in my bed and I have a thing about losing sleep Twill be a sad day for me when that moment comes. Maybe I will be pregnant again by then...we shall see

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version