Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Magic Cabin doll house?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

Has anyone purchased this dollhouse from Magic Cabin? Would you recommend it to someone else (me!)? Did your kids play with it a lot?
Thanks!
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I've LOOKED at it longingly for a few years and just can't justify the cost -- especially without any dolls or anything . I just wish it would either go cheaper or I could figure out how to make it!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

My dh made a doll house for our girls - it's certainly not exactly like the ones in the catalog but we couldn't afford the prices of the pre-made ones. My dh has more *will* than carpentry skills but I think he did well and if could he do it - I think anyone can .

What I would highly recommend are the little Kathy Kruse doll house dolls - I had gotten ours from Nova Natural when they still had a store in Chestnut Ridge, NY. I felt that by saving the money on the doll house we could get the dolls. I know some children don't like them because their clothes don't come off - but mine simply made lots of little "dresses" and "aprons" to go over the original clothes.

The girls also loved accessories - furniture and little plates and pots and things, so all in all, I would say the actual house always seemed to be secondary to all the lovely things that could go in the house!

My girls 11 and 13 decided to put away their dollhouse this past summer    We are very cramped for space - but I am hoping that with an addition to our home the dollhouse might find a place again. (even it's just for me to play with! )

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

We love ALL things Magic Cabin. I don't have the dollhouse you linked to, but it looks truly neat! And if you're looking for someone to validate your choice - I'll be your girl!    I will say (on a slightly more helpful note) that we've been very pleased with everything we've ordered from them. I am really finding that I prefer to order less stuff for the kids, and rather purchase one nice thing very well-made of known origin (not from China .)

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

amarytbc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote amarytbc

Our daughters played with a cardboard dollhouse that we made for 3 years. Finally we bought a nice, wooden dollhouse, similar to the one you linked. No one has ever really played with it. There isn't as much scope for the imagination and I regret buying it and tossing the cardboard one.
Back to Top View amarytbc's Profile Search for other posts by amarytbc

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 21 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

Jennifer-
Thanks for your validation!! The girls received the dollhouse and accessories for Christmas. I think it has been played with every day since then!! It was very affordable when you break it down into cost per play! Now I am on the lookout for a "modern" dollhouse and family in the same Waldorf style. Any ideas??
Thanks!
Jennifer

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

Cost per play hours - I love it!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh how exciting that the girls love it Jennifer! I knew you wouldn't be disappointed.

What do you mean by "a more modern Waldorf style dollhouse?"

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2008 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

Mackfam wrote:
What do you mean by "a more modern Waldorf style dollhouse?"

The pioneer dolls have a Waldorf face and the cabin and accessories are wonderfully made, very simple and natural. So I'm looking for something similar, but for a 21st century doll family.
Jennifer

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 22 2008 at 10:30pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

hmmmm...let me think on that one.

bfarmmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 24 2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote bfarmmom

Jennifer, We have the modern dollhouse from Magic Cabin. My children love it. It is nice to hear that the log cabin doll house gets played with. I have been looking at that one also.

Sonlight Garden
Back to Top View bfarmmom's Profile Search for other posts by bfarmmom Visit bfarmmom's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version