Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: where are the toys? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

I've been reading the "where do they sleep" thread with interest, but I'm curious about where the toys are?

Right now, our boys share a room with twin beds (which I love bc each has 3 drawers underneath.) We also have a room dedicated to a playroom (with shelves and bins) and Lydia is in our room. There is no additional space in the boys' room, unless we move out their dressers (something I've been considering strongly and putting racks and bins in the closet for all clothes storage. BUT, their father made their dressers by hand and so there is some angst there.)

I've been debating moving out the dressers, and moving Lydia into their room (some months down the road yet) and keeping the playroom. OR, making the playroom into a room for L and finding a way to fit toys into the boys' room.

Ideas? We live in AZ and so have no basement (which is probably the only thing I miss from the midwest! That and good, inexpensive food at small restaurants.)

No dining room - we have an eat-in kitchen and living room with no storage and no place to put toy storage.

I'm just very curious where the toys live in your homes.    

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

Well...right now...all over. We did clean a whole bunch of the toys out of the boys' room a couple of days ago. Now I need to address the rest of the house. Our toy situation has really gotten out of hand. I can't wait to see everyone else's reply.

Jen
Back to Top View JenniferS's Profile Search for other posts by JenniferS

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

We are blessed with a huge house that includes a walk-up attic, which is where the vast majority of toys and off-season clothes are kept. I'm guessing that you probably don't have one of those...so thinking of other options...at grandma's house (she still has 2 kids at home + lots of toys for the grandkids), toys are kept in a storage ottoman (in place of a coffee table), and in baskets or bins on closet shelves. So instead of moving all the clothes into the closet and getting rid of the dressers, will all the clothes fit in the dresser and under-the bed drawers and the toys on shelving in the closet?
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

I currently have my 3 "big" kids sharing a room, with the 3rd bedroom a playroom. But, I feel they've reached a point where the genders need to be separated a bit, so we'll be switching rooms soon. They share one dresse between them--just for socks and underwear. We have a huge closet room (big enough to be a bedroom really) where all the clothes hang.    We use bins like these to help contain the chaos.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

All five of mine are in one bedroom (the twins are still in one crib). We have two large Rubbermaid totes of toys, a doll crib, and a nice play cook stove. Those are ALL in the children's room. We don't put toys anywhere else in the house.

We've got 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms. The dc are in one, DH and I get another, and the school/dressing/sewing room is the third (and smallest). We moved both double dressers into the smallest bedroom. My sewing things stay on top of the dressers. The large metal bookshelf we got from Lowe's holds the hsing stuff on the other wall. We also have a small bookshelf in there. The toys are in tubs in the corner of the dc's bedroom. There is a set of bunkbeds, with a pull-out mattress underneath the bottom bunk, and the crib in the room as well. We store the out of season clothes in the closet in that room and put the hangup clothes (for Mass) in the closet in the school/dressing room. All clothes in one room, all the toys in another.

Needless to say, I DO look forward to moving someday in the not too distant future, but until then....lol

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

graciefaith
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote graciefaith

We live in a 3bdrm apt. so our space is very limited. My girls share a room and both have their own closets. We took the closet doors off and so they have their closets full of toys and whatever wall space is left after the bed and dresser. We also have a big toy box in the spare room, which is the baby's room/guest room. They also have a basket of toys in the living room. I pretty much keep things tidy around here though so it's not always all over the floor. I try and remind them to clean up one mess before going to something new and that helps out a lot.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version