Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Anyone know anything about the EPA Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I am so upset right now. I should not be, I know it is old red legs trying to deflect my peace and joy over our home being saved. BUT.......tonight I get home, Bill is working (thanks be to God) and on my machine is the EPA. I was informed that they received an anonymous call about my burning green pine    Same "anonymous" caller who called the sheriff about my 2yr old swimming naked in my yard, and the school board "wondering" if my dc are enrolled in school, the animal rights people about my chickens    LEAVE ME ALONE
So I was informed I would be getting a home visit next week. Do I need an attorney? Can they really come here? Where does one find out? I looked up the EPA's web site and it is full of government jargon. Any ideas?

If nothing else please say a prayer for me.
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Boy, oh boy, you are certainly suffering alot of harrasment! I'm praying for you Molly!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Molly-Dc is already in bed tonight, but I know he has dealt with the EPA in his barge business and I will ask him what you should be prepared for. Honestly, though, do you really need one more thing to be anxious about? Your miracle story must be touching lots of lives and someone ( is mad about it! But the Archangels will be celebrated tomorrow and I will pray for Michael to especially be on guard at your house!    Try not to worry too much.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Oh thanks Anne! It has not all been this year, well over the past 18mos. It seems that our neighbors wanted this property and they are not happy with us having it. Our local priest told dh that this said neighbor is just a pickle, but now I have the EPA on my back

How do others handle neighbors who just don't like them? It is odd to me, why not just talk to us? I really don't understand this type of weirdness. I don't like it when people don't like me when they don't even know me. I mean, at least wait for me to offend you    
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

chicken lady wrote:
I mean, at least wait for me to offend you

Oh, I have to now.

Sprinkle some blessed salt around your property, I've just had some blessed today and have been re-reading about the efficacy of it, especially when it comes to bad neighbours.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Was this the local(county), state, or federal EPA? Doesn't seem like something the feds would get involved in so perhaps county?
Were you violating some burning ban or something? Is a permit needed to open burn in your area?
Forgive me if I am ignorant, but I've never heard of a problem specifically burning green pine except that you shouldn't burn it in fireplaces because it causes a dangerous build-up on the chimney walls.And it does cause a lot of smoke, but is it beyond env. regs?
Did he say what the problem was?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

wow, no help from me, just prayers! what a year!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:30pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

On the job tomorrow, I think I will bury a St Micheal medal on the property line.

Thanks Colleen, do let me know.

I was able to get a hold of dh, he was his same laid back self. "Oh Molly, say the rosary and go to bed", "we can call on Monday". He is right, I need not get so upset over little things. He reminded me of Padre Pio saying to Satan, "Oh it is you again"!!   Thanks be to God for rational people!!!

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

lapazfarm wrote:
Did he say what the problem was?

NO, other than I was burning green pine everyday and smoking up the neighborhood. You could hardly call this a neighborhood.
I don't know what level this woman was at, I cannot believe they have time to make such silly calls.   How offensive...green pine

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

so Molly, tell this city gal something: why WERE you burning green pine??

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Because we had to have 12 VERY large trees felled and it is half the price to do the clean up yourself. You cannot use it for house heating, as it builds up in your chimney and causes fires. We are burning up the small limbs. Bill is saving the timber so make childrens furniture(think magic cabin doll tree house furniture, my idea not his, again Bill just going with the crazy flow of Molly) and mill into usable lumber.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I wouldn't worry about it then. They probably just want to make sure you aren't burning something toxic.
Have you thought about renting a chipper?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

MaryMary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote MaryMary

Molly, I second the blessed salt. And when all of this passes, (and I am certain that it will) I would make an effort to go and visit that neighbour and get to know HIM. Ask your angels to accompany you, and ask his angel to prepare his heart for your visit, smile through gritted teeth , and melt his heart.
Surely once he knows how sweet you are, and how wonderful your family is, he will stop all of this nonsense.
Praying for your situation, and praying for healing for that impossible neighbour!

Back to Top View MaryMary's Profile Search for other posts by MaryMary

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Praying for you!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

lapazfarm wrote:
Have you thought about renting a chipper?

Yes, but I was told that they only go up to 3.5 inches and they clog constantly. I need an industrial size chipper. Oh, think of the mulch I could have    

I think the issue for me is just getting these people to leave me alone. It is intersting, we have raised their property value considerably by all we have done to this place.
I really think it is the one kid, both parents work, modern mentality at play over here. I think there is serious pain in these peoples lives. There has to be, usually everyone likes my dh. He is smiley Bill    He is hard to dislike, he is one of these people with primary goodness. He likes everybody, he never has anything but postive things to say about people. Me, well lets just say, he is the better of the two of us

I am making calls today to the volunteer fire dept and sheriff office, just to make sure we are not breaking any laws.

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 8:44am | IP Logged Quote Tami

Praying, Molly. This is definitely harassment!! The Blessed Mother just undid the knot of your mortgage, and the enemy wants to tie another for you!

Today is the feast of the angels - she's their Queen, we'll ask her to dispatch them to guard your property! Oh, and your peace of mind, too.

Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

We just had the sheriff out. He is over there trying to figure things out right now. He was very kind and assuring. He told us he sees these things all the time. He saw no problems with anything we are doing or not doing.    I really hate these things

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Molly....you might be able to put a notice on Craig's List for free mulch if someone comes and mulches it...someone might actually want to take you up on it, they could turn around and sell it, or use it..whatever!
I love what your husband said....Padre Pio...gotta love that guy!!!

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2007 at 9:56pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Molly, first I want you to know that I will pray for you and hope that you can resolve your situation with your neighbor.

Second, I spoke with my dh about this. He works in the oil industry and has some knowledge of the EPA. Unless you have some law or code in your area about burning, the EPA really does not have jurisdiction over you burning green pine from felled trees.

Now know that dh is not an expert, but it sounds as if the sheriff is unconcerned about your burning. I am sorry that you have such a difficult neighbor.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version