Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: All Saint's Day Party Ideas? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

One of my daughters has a birthday in November, so my DH and I have decided to have a combined All Saints/Birthday party for her. She's only turning 2, so some of the ideas I've found online are a little intense (we really love any excuse for a party!). It will be mostly adults, with maybe 10 or so kids including mine.
I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for decor, food, maybe a reasonable game or ongoing activity for little kids, music, etc. You all have been doing stuff like this so much longer than me and I could really use your wisdom and ideas!!!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Andrea, there was a thread on this last year from memory...I'll have a look for it later today...

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

We celebrate All Saints at church. There is a cake walk and the kids make their own costumes.

One year, we did our own All Saints party. Instead of giving the kids candy, they had to earn it by answering Saints trivia questions! We had a great time!

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

eileenonhim
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote eileenonhim

I've actually been cooking up some fun ideas for this in the back of my head, but they've never been tried, so I can't vouch for them! My original idea was to have a Saints Celebration that the littlest kids would enjoy, but that older kids could have fun putting together for them, using what they have learned about various saints.

I was thinking of having "carnival" style stations, that people could either rotate through or wander about at will. One idea was a "St. Christopher Walk"--a big kid or adult could dress up as St. Christoper and carry little kids across a wading pool. After that activity petered out, you could add a bunch of Dawn or Joy detergent to the pool, toss in a bunch of circular shaped items (empty juice cans, reshaped hangers, soda six pack rings,even hula hoops, maybe some plastic strawberry baskets, etc.) and the kids could have fun playing in the bubble solution.

You could have a "fishing pond" where the "prize" is a ziplock bag containing items necessary to make Spoon Saints--if you have a couple of older kids, maybe toss in a symbol or two, and see if the child knows who the saint is supposed to be?

"Clown of God" station with balloons, juggling, tossing balls through hula hoops, etc.

Face painting, using saint symbols.

Frost gingerbread or sugar cookie cutouts of boy and girl shapes, to look like favorite saints.

Food & snacks (of course!)--samplings from countries of origin for specific saints, or interesting or unusual recipes featuring, say, rose water (in bread or muffins) for St. Theresa?

Maybe a treasure hunt, in honor of St. Anthony?

How about a St. Francis Pet Show, where child/pet pairs are awarded ribbons for displaying different aspects of Christian Character? Toasting marshmallows in honor of St. Lawrence? (oh, that's bad!!) OK, now I'm just brainstorming here,so I'll stop.

Anyway, I think this would be a blast, and I wouldn't even have to keep my littlest ones quiet!!! (As usual, it's all about ME!)

If none of these ideas grab your imagination, I think you could come up with a lot of really fun activities for a little one's birthday party, just by looking for "typical" birthday ideas, and adapting them for a Saints theme.

Good luck with this, and have a great time--and happy birthday to your little girl!

Warmly,
Eileen

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version