Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: early fall footwear Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

It's getting colder here in MA. Sometimes, it's just cold in the mornings. I don't really want to wear these slip-on sandals anymore. What are you wearing with your skirts? Do you go straight to boots or is there an early fall shoe?

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Cheryl, I know just what you mean! I've been wearing a pair of brown leather mules (I wore them yesterday to Mass with a long chino skirt) and, less formally during the week, navy blue tennis sneakers. This is a tough time of year!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 7:26am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I've been wearing my clogs here. I have some mule style that are good for this weather. I also think a pair of loafers look real nice with most skirts. I actually broke out the pantyhose yesterday morning!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Flats are the answer!
So many cute ones this year, how about this square buckled one from JCPenney's or a floral skimmer from Zappos, or wait - here's the motherload! 200 cute ones from Nordstrom for inspiration!
I think I'm in !

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

marihalojen wrote:
Flats are the answer!

Yep, I love flats too: very comfortable, just warm enough, look great with skirts, can be dressed up or down. And stylish too.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

I have a pair of hipper-than-I-really-am Doc Marten Mary Janes (found really on sale). I got those out yesterday and wear them with tights. I'm really not fashion-savvy, but I think leather Mary Janes look nice with skirts and pants (which is why I bought them) and they are really comfortable and secure for walking around and chasing toddlers.

mine are sort of like this but I bought them a few years ago, and they weren't pre-distressed. I've done that naturally on my own!

These are definitely not as pretty as the ones linked above, but they work for me!

Susan

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 8:45pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I agree, Doc's are the best -- these are the ones I have and wear with my hand-knit sox when it's Fall. When it's really cold I wear them with my heavier hiking socks or thick tights. They are SO comfortable and look great with skirts, jumpers or pants.

I also do the Birkie clogs or wear sox with the Birkie sandals (of course, I did grow up in 70s SF! )

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

You guys are brilliant! I had forgotton all about my old Docs since I got rid of them in Hawaii when we didn't need real shoes. (mine were very like yours, Mary). I had been thinking about a clog, but when it rains, my socks get wet.    I'm going to be Doc shopping soon (once my kids have coats)!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Rachel -- I got mine a couple of years ago thru Overstock.com for less than half of what others wanted .... shoes.com is another great place to check -- you might find you can afford these earlier than you thought!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Mary G wrote:
I also do the Birkie clogs or wear sox with the Birkie sandals (of course, I did grow up in 70s SF! )

Well, I was born in the 70's in Virginia and I loovve wearing my Birkie sandals with socks, in fact that is what is keeping my feet happy at this very moment.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

I got a little fashion snobbish for a while and stopped wearing my birks altogether...then my mom called and told me she bought some new ones and I couldn't resist peaking...and buying...and getting those brown sock monkey socks to slip on for wear with them in the cooler weather...I'm sooooo glad I'm over myself and that whole fashion conscious thing...I'm ready for a hippy-granola fall!

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Mine were from Overstock.com as well!

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

msclavel wrote:

Well, I was born in the 70's in Virginia and I loovve wearing my Birkie sandals with socks, in fact that is what is keeping my feet happy at this very moment.

I'm so glad you mentioned this because this morning I found my Born Mary Janes in my closet which are nice, but so East Coast and I sighed. (All the 60 and up ladies at daily mass have these exact shoes. ) Now I love Virginia as much as the next gal (actually, maybe not that much) but I'm a Left Coaster at heart.

And thank you on the tips of where to buy at at good price!

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I wear clogs...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 18 2007 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

How well do you all do with ordering shoes on line? I have yet to order a pair that fits really well... guess I should try Zappo's with their free returns.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 19 2007 at 7:30am | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I've been fortunate that I am a true 8.5M so ordering online works well. If I order it, it will fit. The harder part is figuring out half sizes (I've discovered I prefer going down a size rather than up) or European sizes. I used to have a European sized pair of clogs in my closet that I could refer to, but I walked them out.

My question is, Elizabeth, how do you keep your socks dry on the soccer field or in the rain? I seem to remember your clogs are a Dansko style so they have a back and a good sole....or do you wear rain boots? I'm afraid I still think slippahs (flip flops) are rain gear....

Philothea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 19 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Philothea

I've been wearing my Dansko clogs.
Back to Top View Philothea's Profile Search for other posts by Philothea

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 21 2007 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I just couldn't resist buying the Bright Avocado closed back clogs from LLBean.... I was a bit worried about "bright avocado" but the $35 price tag I couldn't resist ... just a heads up for those who might be interested -- "bright avocado" is actually a dark kelly green! They're beautiful and a perfect color. The website made it look like they'd be a bright limey green .... go figure. I guess sometimes it pays to buy when the Spirit moves you, huh?

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 22 2007 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

You can also find cheap Doc Marten's at http://www.bargainoutfitters.com and maybe at http://www.sierratradingpost.com

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version