Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Free Postage from USA- Cheapest bk dealer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I'm coming here to ask a question as I know amongst all you book lovers you'll be able to help

My mum is currently visiting in America, yep she is over there, she is staying in Georgia (any of your Georgians in Warner Robbins wanting to meet an Australian ex-homeschooler? ) Anyhow I sent her to Michaels to check it out as everyone keeps talking about it. She did more than check it out, she bought so much stuff she now has to buy an extra suitcase to bring the purchases home for her grandchildren As she now has a 'spare' suitcase I've talked her into bringing some books back from America for me Your prices work out nearly half of what we pay here because of freight and profit and GST. Mum says she can fit in 20kg to a suitcase- that's 44lbs. Not too sure how much the Michaels stuff will weigh, and I suppose I should leave some room in case she is bringing my siblings gifts   

My question is, which book supplier has the most competitive prices with the best freight prices to Georgia?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I'm excited for you Erin - this is a great opportunity, looking forward to hearing some time in the future what you were able to buy!!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aiereis
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote aiereis

Well, Amazon has pretty good prices and for most books they have free shipping if you spend more than $25. If you want to buy books from the Catholic Mosaic or Real Learning lists then they probably will have most of them. However, if you want curriculum type books, then you might have to look on home-schooling sites which probably will charge some sort of shipping.

--Christina
Back to Top View aiereis's Profile Search for other posts by aiereis

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

I would agree with what Christina said.

If any of your curriculum choices are from Sonlight they have a pretty good shipping policy...here are the details. I get my Singapore Math stuff through them and usually those books plus a history pick or two get me to the free shipping levels.

Happy Shopping!

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

Rainbow Resource is one of my favorite book (and lots of other stuff) sellers and it is run completely by an extended homeschooling family. You do need to spend $150 to get free shipping, but most books are discounted 25 to 30% and they carry alot of craft stuff, Klutz books, building kits, etc that I rarely see discounted elsewhere. They ship pretty quickly.

LeeAnn
Back to Top View sewcrazy's Profile Search for other posts by sewcrazy

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 6:34pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

How exciting, Erin!

Sacred Heart Books and Gifts has good prices....pretty competivie with Amazon. Free shipping with orders over $15.

Also, if she does end up going through Amazon, any of the Catholic / religious books can be "linked" from WhipperSnapper and they get a small commission. And, a GREAT book list!

Have fun!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 8:03pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

So places such as amazon and Sacred Heart books, would they have free shipping to Australia as well? Just thinking budget here as I'm not too sure how much I can get know as I've already spent more this year than ever before

Christina, I wouldn't be after curriculum type books, more living books like in the Emmanuel and Bethlehem catalog's for a start.

Thanks Marie
I'll check out the shipping policy.

Suzanne and Leanne
I'm off to check out your links

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Bookcloseouts.com also has very good prices if you are hunting for a particular book. I always check to see if they have the one I'm looking for. They always have some type of promotion going- this month it's on educational books. Usually there are codes floating around for $5 off an order of $35 or more, which helps with shipping.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version