Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: lymph nodes on right swollen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 5:31am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Yesterday, I had a prickling pain under my tongue and then most suddenly the lymph nodes the right side of my neck swelled up. my husband and I were out to dinner and he was really worried. He had our food wrapped up to go and we went straight home with lots of praying! At home we called the doctor and she said not to worry, if it got worse come to the doctor on Tuesday.

I really felt that it could be an allergic reaction because it happened right after I sipped a glass of red wine. The swelling went down a few hours later. My husband went out and bought a bottle of red wine(because I was thinking it was the cause of this). I took one sip and it happened again with a little swelling under the tongue. I feel much better this morning but can that be possible? Has anybody had this experience with a food allergies?
I know the most obvious is to stay away from the source of the allergy
and I've read somewhere that you can develope allergies at anytime in life. Any thoughts?

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote Martha

yes, many people are alergic to some ingredients in wine, tends to be more common the darker the red wine it is, but can happen with any wine.

My only thought is to not drink dark wines anymore. Sorry.

My fil can't have beer for the same reason, only he gets pukey too.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

Mama Moon
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 09 2007 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote Mama Moon

If it were an allergy, I would have expected that both sides would react.

Since it is just the right side: could you have a blocked salivary gland duct? That would cause swelling if you were to salivate but the saliva could not get out. It can get painful. If you don't eat for a long time/hungry and then you eat something sugary or salty this would typically happen. Vinegar (or wine) can make you salivate extra strong. See if it happens. If you think it is this, it is best to try and get the stone out but freqently salivating. Otherwise it can build up. If that happens you would probably have to have it taken out as it could damage your salivary gland.

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 5:26am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Mama Moon, I think you hit the nail on the head! Every time I ate or drank something for the next 2-3 days it would aggravate everything. And the irritation started under one side of the tongue. i haven't had a problem since. Thank you. I will keep an eye on it if it happens again and I know what to suggest if I need medical help. Thanks!
Blessings,

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version