Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: help with anxiety/panic/agoraphobia? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

Hi,

I could really use some advice.

I suffer from severe anxiety / agoraphobia (Panic Disorder) and also IBS-D. I don't have any symptoms of depression, however. Has anyone else struggled with this and have you found any relief? I have been given a rx for medication (niravam) - but I am afraid to take it. I have taken valium in the past, but it never really helped much, and made me feel kind of lousy the next day. I have always been extremely sensitive to medicines anyway.

If anyone has found any thing that helps, could you please share? This isn't just stress. I am having trouble leaving the house at all right now, and even going a mile or two from home is very difficult right now. Plus, I have been having dizzy spells, and so I am afraid to drive at all.

The new school year is quickly approaching and I have clubs and stuff to drive my kids to (we have no playmates in the neighborhood, and ds8 and dd5 get lonely.) I am getting even more stressed worrying that I won't be able to drive them.

And then of course I wonder if I should be homeschooling if I can't even drive them to activities to see other children. I would love to have people over here but our house is so so so tiny, and most of the families we know well have many children, and I couldn't invite just one or two of the children without hurting feelings.

Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Laura,
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this. I'm not familiar with the particular med you've been prescribed. Are you afraid to take it because you think you'll have the same lousy type of reaction that you had with Valium? Have you shared your concerns with your doc? Sometimes we need medicine to help us through these rough patches...I hope you know that it's not a weakness on your part.
I will pray for you, for your peace and your health.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Have you ever been tested for celiacs?...my cousin had some of the same problems you mentioned and she is now feeling very healthy and remains so as long as she does not eat any hidden sources of gluten...which of course is hidden in many things. My cousin tested negative for celiacs for a long time. She put herself on the diet and found relief. My aunt was telling me that the only way they can really know is to do a biopsy and she does not want that.

I don't know if this is of help to you, but I know what my cousin went through and I would love for her struggles to help anyone who needs it...

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Donna Marie, gives good advice in thinking about the possibility that there could be a physical 'trigger' - from my own experience, mercury posioning combined with high levels of other metals (lead etc.) was the ultimate cause to my emotional and physical health problems. All emotional symptoms and most physical symptoms are now gone after detoxification.

Not suggesting that this is your problem but it is worth exploring common physical triggers...

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Laura,
Did you know Paula Deen suffered with this for twenty years (I believe that figure is right). And she writes about it in her new book It Ain't All About the Cookin'.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version