Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Refrigerator problems Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I am hoping one of you has a dh who is knowledgable about refrigerators. Ours has been shutting down for weeks. The repair man has been here 3 times! Twice he replaced the same part. The second time he replaced it, he read the manual.

What it seems to be doing is freezing over and then the whole thing stops cooling. My frozen juice is liquid, my OJ is bad and the ice cream is melted. Fortunately, we do half a full size refrigerator and a full size freezer in our garage. But this is getting old fast.

We have a warranty, so we have to keep going through them or fork out the money for a new one ourselves. I was hoping someone might have an idea so if the same repairman comes again, I can help him out a little.

This is on top of the broken air conditioner that hasn't worked since May and has stumped three different repairmen! Good grief.

If you don't have advice, could I have just a quick prayer for patience? I am a little frazzled and my temper is showing it.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote Tami

Molly, it sounds familiar.

Has he replaced the fan? If so, did he replace with a fan made by the frig's manufacturer? There are standard devices, which are less expensive than the manufacturer's. My experience is that they will try to repair it with those before providing the more expensive part.

We went through 2 with a new refrigerator a few years back. And this was in the 1st year of owning it. Because we bought it at Sears, we were told that if they had to come back one more time, they would replace it with a new refrigerator - that's there policy for repairs.

But the manufacturer's motor solved the problem.   

I know what a hassle these things can present, and no AC either? How are you managing in this heat? I will offer a prayer for you, believe me.

Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version