Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Flat Stanley Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote Alison

Hi
I just wanted to share a great geography project that my kids and I have been part of. The group is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PlatinumStanley/

What you do is cut cardboard cut-outs of your kids/pets/toys etc. Then you take the ones that are sent to you everywhere you go and take photographs of them with you. They do the same with yours. Then when you send them back you have a mini project on the area your flat visited.For instance my children really enjoyed getting a doll from Chile in national dress. They were quite reluctant to hand her back. I posted on my blog a while back about this .http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Aliadelaide/158911/

The lady who runs it, Rhonda, has asked for more members , just mention that you heard about it from me, and her e-mail is jeffrhonda@xtra.co.nz.

blessings

Alison in Adelaide
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 01 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Alison, our homeschool group did this a few years ago and it was great fun! We got pictures Flat Stanley from places as far as South West AFrica and Spain--and everywhere else in between. Very fun.

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version