Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: New Member Intro... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
adnilpress
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote adnilpress

Hi all. I'm not sure exactly where to post my 'new member intro', so I'll post here - feel free to move it!

I'm Linda from Australia. My husband's name is Bill, and we have 8 children, ranging in ages from 5 - 15. 7 girls, 1 boy (he's 3rd).

We run a homeschooling business here in Aus, and we are Catholic (Bill born & bred, I a convert).

We've homeschooled the children all their lives, so I guess 'officially' for 10 years.

The thing is, living in a very rural location, I've never had a support group of homeschoolers - we do have a few homeschooling families we see on occasion, but no support group as such, and no Catholic homeschoolers who live anywhere nearby.

I've been OK all these years, that's just how things are, but of late, I've suddenly felt very isolated - I guess that could be because the oldest is now 15 - and the questions creep in - Am I doing enough? Am I doing the right things? How does she compare to others?

Actually, I KNOW she's way behind - there's some severe learning difficulties with my oldest one, but we've always tried to take her 'as she is', and move on from there.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings! I really wanted to just say 'hi' - and I hope that I can join in on the chats, and begin to feel like part of the group. I'm in 'panic' mode over a few things atm, so I may chuck a lot of questions into the ring - it's only because I am wanting to learn.

God bless, and thankyou,

Linda.
Back to Top View adnilpress's Profile Search for other posts by adnilpress Visit adnilpress's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hello Linda! - I am so happy to see you here!

I am sure you will love being a part of this wonderful forum. I have found it a wealth of knowledge & wisdom when I have really needed it (that is often ) and I know you will be a blessed edition to the group, as well as receiving the support you need, especially at this time.

BTW: There are quite a few Aussie girls here now, which is lovely!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Fe2h2o
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote Fe2h2o

Hi Linda:-)

Good to see you here as well:-) I'm sure you'll find it very welcoming.

Fe (from CHOOZ)
Back to Top View Fe2h2o's Profile Search for other posts by Fe2h2o Visit Fe2h2o's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Welcome Linda!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

~Rachel~
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote ~Rachel~

WELCOME Linda!
The ladies here are wonderful... and as you can see, there are a number from Australia, as well as all over the globe!
There is so much to learn from here, so I'd suggest taking a good look around and jumping in where you like

Lighting a Fire
Back to Top View ~Rachel~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Rachel~ Visit ~Rachel~'s Homepage

8kids4me
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote 8kids4me

Welcome!! You will love it here, everyone is wonderful!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version