Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Language Arts Come Alive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Language Arts Come Alive
Subject Topic: Oh Joy! Startwrite! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I have just received my copy of Startwrite in the mail from the US and have been busy doing up tomorrow's copywork for the children. It is brilliant!! This is definately going to make copywork and handwriting skills much, much easier. I just love the ability to type in any quote, paragraph etc that I feel is noble and uplifting for the children to copy. I also love the fact I can choose what size I want the child to write at, as well as the cursive or manuscript style.

I can also set the writing at light print, if I want the child to copy over it, or darker, with a replica, blank line underneath to do straight copywork - this is so flexible! There are other features too, but I LOATH reading manuals and I will learn them as time goes by...

I found out about this when I was doing a internet search on Charlotte Mason methods and one lady (cannot remember her name) said she used Startwrite as the backbone of her copywork with the children, doing up a term's worth of work at the time.

One very happy girl here, tonight!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 6:51am | IP Logged Quote amyable

I'm so glad you like it! We are going to order it soon for next year. It sounds wonderful!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:05am | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

This is my first year with it, too (got the idea from a post Elizabeth made awhile ago), and I love it! I will say its more time consuming than buying penmanship books. I took copywork for my 5th grader from scripture, from her readers for the year and from ILL. I took copywork from Catholic Mosaic for my 2nd grader. They turned out fabulous, but it took most of a day or two to get it all typed out and printed. I also like that the cost of the cd was basically the cost of 3 penmanship books, which I would have purchased anyway. Its not only better, but also a better investment. Woohoo!

Two thumbs up for Startwrite!

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I received mine too. I am still figuring it out. Do you plan to type out the copywork and have them copy out in their notebooks - or leave lines underneath? I want to use for quotes etc for Liturgical Year Notebooks and Blessed Mother Notebook - but am trying to figure out how.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

At this stage, leave the lines underneath but I am open to any good ideas and thoughts - I suppose I haven't thought too much, just how creative I can get with this.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

MarilynW wrote:
Do you plan to type out the copywork and have them copy out in their notebooks - or leave lines underneath?

I have been leaving blank lines underneath. My smaller ones can trace. And, the olders can trace and write directly underneath. I think it helps to write directly below what you're copying.     

I purchased Startwrite about 7 months ago and LOVE it too! It's very versatile and works so well. About every 2 months, I've been doing Sunday's Psalm refrain ahead of time. It's great to have it all done.

And, one of my girls is really picky about having the tracing lines darker. So, voila! Lines can be darker.   
Yea! Startwrite!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Lillian
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Lillian

Thank you for mentioning this resource. I had never heard of it.   For years I've wished for a way to type in copy work and have the printer spit it back out in cursive. Thank you so much!!

Isabelle 9, Anna 7, Sophia 5, Kolbe 4, Catherine 2

Smithflections

Back to Top View Lillian's Profile Search for other posts by Lillian Visit Lillian's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version