Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: NEED HELP WITH MAKING CALENDARS! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 20 2007 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote AnaB

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to find a way to make a calendar for my home companion binder. I'd like to make a 2 page spread for each month with lines to write notes on the side of the calendar and on the bottom. Is there something like this available somewhere for free? I'd like to be able to copy it (like a Word document) and then be able to adjust it for our needs. I am pretty computer illiterate. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

God's Grace & Peace!

MaryatHome
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 20 2007 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote MaryatHome

This is the site I use in making custom pages for my paper planner.

http://www.diyplanner.com/templates/official

There are different formats included in these files. I will say that there aren't as many variations/options in the letter-size.

Maybe you can find something there you can work with. The only instantly customizable/printable calendars I have ever seen are programs for purchase.

Mary
Back to Top View MaryatHome's Profile Search for other posts by MaryatHome

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2007 at 6:38am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

You may have already tried this, but I go to www.donnayoung.org for a lot of my printable calendars.

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2007 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Here's a direct link to the site above:
donnayoung.org

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 23 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote AnaB

Thank you so much ladies!! I had the Donna Young website (thanks Becky) already, but was still having trouble finding what I was looking for. But the diy website, was the closest to what I needed. Thank you so much Mary!

I was literally just cutting and pasting strips of paper over my existing planner, when I remembered to check out the www.diyplanner.com website. Whew!! That just saved me a few hours!

Many Thanks!

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

If you get a Google account, the calendar feature is awesome. It's really intuitive and since I have all my info come into my Gmail account, it's really easy to record it all while at my computer. Then, I can print daily, weekly or monthly pages as I like. The pages are neat and orderly!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote AnaB

Elizabeth,

For your Home Companion Binder, do you put your calendar and weekly pages in there, or do you use a separate calendar? I'm trying to put everything in the binder without having to purchase a separate planner, but was having trouble finding a blank monthly (2 page spread) and blank weekly (1 or 2 page spread) for my binder that I can print off.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to make the diyplanner page work for me, but maybe there's an easier way? The google calendar was neat except I couldn't print out a blank weekly page that was big enough to fill in. If I fill it in online then it prints, but I'd like to be able to add things to it, kwim?

If you can decipher all this, let me know!!!

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

I use the No Frills Calendar for most of my needs. The site just offers blank calendar pages in a wide variety of formats.

link

LeeAnn
Back to Top View sewcrazy's Profile Search for other posts by sewcrazy

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I don't know if this will work for you, but I've liked MicheleQ's calendar this past year. This year I'm buying one that is large and 3 hole drilled with menu planning pages that I can put in a seperate section of my Control Journal. I'll take the calendar portion to Kinkos and have it spiral bound so that part I can take in and out of the binder. (I've done this with a spiral one by having it unbound, 3 hole drilled, and rebound which may be even better since it comes with the plastic covers).

Family centered press 2 page one month calendar sample

Catholic Woman's Daily Planner

I know it's not free, but to me it's been worth paying for. Just my $.02.

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I have the 8X10 of Michele's calendar in my Companion book. That's for planning "Domestic Church" things. I like the reminder of feast days. I can make sure that I'm following the rhythm of the season and the church year wrt homemaking and lesson planning.

I use the Google calendar to record absolutely everything appointment/lesson/practice related. I also record all my husband's travel. I was having trouble transferring all that info (which usually comes to me in email format) to the big planner on the fridge or to my personal planner which isn't always handy at the computer. My computer is upstairs and my planners are in the kitchen...

So, what ends up happening pretty much is that our daily life during school hours is in the Companion book on Michele's pages. My interface with the world ends up on the Google calendar which can be printed for my dh and put on the fridge for reference, etc.

Each calendar needs to "talk" to the other, but this system is working pretty well for me. I'm also looking forward to having a whole year of Michele's pages all filled in to use as a springboard for the next year.

It's not perfect but it is the best way yet.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 23 2007 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Another vote for Google calendar. One outstanding feature I love about it is the ability to superimpose other calendars onto your main calendar. i.e., my 16-yo has her own calendar; we "shared" our calendar with each other, so now I can view/print

1) just the stuff I have to do with my littles, or
2) just her schedule, or
3) both, together on screen or on paper (each calendar gets its own color, e.g., her items are pink and mine/kids' are blue)

Google calendar also allows you to create several calendars in one account. So my project right now is transferring our chore chart into a "chore calendar". I love that it does the remembering for me -- I've set up 1 monthly chore and 1 weekly chore per family member per day (no chores on weekends, just whatever needs to be done that day like cooking/dishwashing). I'll also add on hubby's calendar when he gets it ready.   The last step in this my current major project is to add liturgical year stuff, so that I have all items in one place, repeating yearly.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Stef,
I meant to get back to you on this. Thanks for suggesting that the chore calendar can be made to interface with the activity calendar and I'm guessing I could do meal planning this way too. I'm a little frustrated that "event details" don't show up on the printed form. Yesterday, we had five games in three locations and I'd made all kinds of notes in the details section so I could keep straight who was going to pick up where, etc. I couldn't get it to print. Am I missing something?

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Ugh. That's my frustration too. And a bunch of people's. It's an oft-repeated request at the Google calendar help forum, but so far no responses.

My only solution right now is to have google calendar open all the time -- and go to it when I need to. Nothing's ever perfect, is it?

Have you tried going to Agenda, Expand All, Print and then check off "Print descriptions"?

Just trying it now but my PC keeps locking up on it. Will let you know if that solves it for me.

ETA: It worked! Only thing is I have 2 pages now when I print. I was hoping to keep the whole day's agenda on one page. Oh well, can't have everything.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Also wanted to add, if using Google calendar you can add Roman Liturgical Year calendars to yours. None of them are complete but they usually have the most important dates.

mom to five

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 8:54am | IP Logged Quote Caroline

stefoodie wrote:
Also wanted to add, if using Google calendar you can add Roman Liturgical Year calendars to yours.

You are brilliant! And it was incredibly easy to do!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version