Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Anyone take reglan in pg? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 26 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

I'm expecting my 4th and have been so sick. I've lost 4 pounds this month and am having trouble keeping anything down. I have a prescription for zofran, but insurance will only approve 12 pills per 30 days because it's so expensive. My OBs office called and my insurance won't approve more zofran unless I try 2 different medications first. I've already tried phenegran, but I can't take that and watch my kids--it makes me pass out dead asleep for about 3 hours after I take it.

So now I have to try reglan for 10 days and then if that doesn't work I can get more zofran. All I know about reglan is that they wanted my son to take it for reflux because it helps move the food through the stomach faster. (we didn't put him on it.) I'm thinking that won't help me then b/c the only time I feel better is when I can keep something in my stomach. I also know it's sometimes used to help women boost their milk supply.

Anyone have any experiences with it? Any side effects?

Thank you!

Melissa

dollylima
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 4:39am | IP Logged Quote dollylima

Melissa - I did not take Reglan in my pregnancy, but I am an RN and I administer the drug frequently. There is literature (and I would encourage you to seek it out) currently out about what seems to be a link between Reglan and severe depression with suicidal ideation and attempts.
I see that this thread was started several months ago, so Im hoping that your nausea has subsided. But I just wanted to comment about the potential side effects, especially for people who have a history of depression.
Be well,
Heather
Back to Top View dollylima's Profile Search for other posts by dollylima

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Martha

I'm just now seeingthis thread, but I'll post an fyi like heather.

I took it for 2 pregnancies (#5 and 6) and it made me feel worse, one of the side effects is what I call severe jitters and a feeling like someone is putting a pillow over my face, and a racing heart.

That may have been just me, it was my understand that although my results weren't common, they did happen in a small number of patients.

I have had great help with zofran in the past. By great help, I mean I was still VERY sick, but not dropping 5 pounds a week and feeling like roadkill anymore.

I also hope you are feeling better by now.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version