Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: multiple sclerosis Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 25 2007 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote insegnante

Anybody have experience with this, or even a concern about this and the diagnostic process? PMs or posted replies welcome.

I haven't been diagnosed, but it's one of the possibilities of what is going on with me (visual weirdness/vertigo that began suddenly about 10 days ago, eye doctor saw pale optic nerve today -- after thinking everything else about my eyes seemed normal and suspecting an ENT would be the next stop -- and is having me back for another test this weekand, mentioned MRI and had me make a neurologist appointment, which is Friday; and last year I had extensive inexplicable numbness that lasted about six weeks, plus there are a few other things here and there that raise questions in light of these bigger things.) I had been reading a lot about MS as I was researching my symptoms and as soon as the doctor mentioned "optic nerve" I brought it up and mentioned my previous numbness, and it certainly sounds like a serious possibility.

I'm also not sure if I'm pregnant right now, which I imagine could affect my treatment options -- perhaps it could even affect diagnosis. It doesn't sound like having an MRI is clearly dangerous or clearly safe in (at least early) pregnancy.

Theresa
Back to Top View insegnante's Profile Search for other posts by insegnante

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 25 2007 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Theresa -

Nothing about MS, but prayers.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 25 2007 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Theresa,

I have a friend here in MD who has MS. Would you like me to ask her anything in particular? You can PM me with questions and I'll ask her. I don't know if she will know about your MRI questions, but she's on the board of the MD chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, so she's pretty connected.

Meanwhile, you are in my prayers.

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

Thanks for the prayers! And thanks Nancy (in MD), I don't know if I have specific questions right now, as I've scoured the Internet and taken out a bunch of library books on the topic. The ophthalmologist did another test (of something different) that came out normal, and I'm not sure exactly what the neurologist thought today, other than that he mentioned I had one abnormal arm reflex that may or may not be something I was born with, but he wanted me to have another specific test that is fine for pregnancy and an MRI, unless I'm pregnant, then no MRI for now. I should know soon about the pregnancy.

Theresa
Back to Top View insegnante's Profile Search for other posts by insegnante

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version