Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: upcoming surgery and fertility? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 25 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

On July 17th I have an appt. for vein stripping on my right leg. I will be awake for the procedure, but of course my entire leg will be anasthetized(is that the right word?)
Anyway...my question is: In such a case would you try to avoid pregnancy this one month? I mean, dh and I have been praying for a child for 2 years now and giving it every effort with no pregnancy so far, so the chances don't really look good for one now anyway. BUT...Dh has vacation and is really starting to relax and rejuvenate...well...I actually think this is the ideal month! It is unbelievable how hopeful I become every month.
I seem to remember that someone posted a similar question at one time, but I couldn't find it. I know that dh and I must prayerfully decide this, but I would really be thankful for other thoughts on this topic.
I guess I am asking if it would be irresponsible to let nature take its course.

Is there a pregnancy test for right after conception?

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 25 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Stephanie,

Unless the doctor says no pelvic rest and/or you're on meds that perhaps not be good to take while trying to conceive, I would go for it, also.

I understand the monthly hopefulness!

Irresponsible to let nature take its course? I don't think so. In fact, that's how we got pregnant! We pretty much we're sure it wasn't going to happen.

I don't know of any pregnancy test after conception that is readily available...some fertility doctors may have something. A blood test can be used earlier than a urine test.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 26 2007 at 12:23am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Thanks Jenn for your thoughts.
I am not taking any meds right now, it is only the meds during the operation that I am concerned about. I will ask the doctor about the drugs possible effects...

What makes this extra difficult is that it looks like the OP date is set for right after ovulation. I have to have the procedure done during dh's vacation, so that he can be with the girls. There is never a good time for an OP.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version