Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Great News about KidAdvance!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 19 2007 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Ok everybody - I just called KidAdvance and have some awesome news to report regarding our concerns about lead paint and my sad knobbed cylinders!!!

Han assured me that their manufacturer complies with industry standards regarding lead paint use and also confirmed my initial suspicions about everyone using the same supplier. He said that they (KidAdvance) have a unique supplier, but that almost everyone else who imports from China uses the same manufacturer, and he was pretty sure that they complied with paint standards as well. Whew!!!!!

Also, I mentioned the knobbed cylinders, some sticking, one cylinder that was too small for the hole/opening. At first, he did mention that weather/humidity would affect the wood of the cylinders, but then agreed that it sounded like the set I had was defective in some way. He said they are very careful about inspecting every material for quality, and they reject pieces that do not meet their standards. He wanted my set back to inspect, and assured me that when he received my set, he'd send out a new set immediately. But when I asked if they reimbursed for return shipping he said no they didn't. Hmmm...Phone call ended with me saying I'd have to discuss this with my dh to decide what we would do - not in a threatening way - just sort of said what I was thinking out loud. Those cylinder blocks are HEAVY!! I was pretty sure it would be too much to just ship back!

Less than 2 minutes later, the phone rang and it was Han of KidAdvance. He apologized for not doing this earlier, and said he was just going to send me a brand new set of knobbed cylinders!! No need for me to return mine at all he said! Wow!! I was blown away and assured him I would report their very accomodating customer service to all those I knew who were in the market for Montessori materials.

I was pretty sure that I would be disappointed after talking with KidAdvance, but wow am I happy to report that if you're shopping in the bargain corner like I was, you can still get great customer service!!!

I'm so excited and happy!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Jennifer, this is great news!! Thanks for doing the legwork for us here! I'm thrilled!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

saintanneshs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote saintanneshs

Yes, yes! I'm so glad to read this...I was really worrying about the lead issue after reading the earlier thread.

And thank you so much Jennifer, for taking the time to reassure us all.

And good for KidAdvance! They just won me over!

Jordan
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 19 2007 at 3:45pm | IP Logged Quote Jordan

That really is great customer service, especially for an expensive item.

I was worried about the lead thing too. Thanks so much for asking and then posting about it. I bought a bunch of stuff last year that was manufactured in China too from www.montessoriequipment.com.

Cheerios & Fingerpaints
Back to Top View Jordan's Profile Search for other posts by Jordan

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 19 2007 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Thank you! It seems like everything I have is made in China. Do they make toys anywhere else?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 10 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

ONE of my cylinders from ONE of the blocks sticks (from Kid Advance). Sent an email yesterday and they called today to say that they are sending a whole new block It will be shipped with the 2 backordered puzzle maps.

They were great!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2007 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

That is great!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh I'm so glad Suzanne! I'm still waiting on my binomial cube (which was on backorder) and the replacement set of knobbed cylinders they are supposed to be sending at the same time. My dh thinks I should call since it was supposed to come sometime (not exactly sure when) in July. I might email tomorrow. I'll sure feel a lot better when they arrive and are all in good shape!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2007 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote Kristin

Jennifer, I'm so glad to hear this news! The same thing happened for me with Knobless Cylinders I ordered last year, from a different montessori supplier off of Ebay. A number of the cylinders were off-size or wouldn't stand upright when placed on the table. The company sent me an entire new set so I could pick and choose the best ones! So, if anyone is in need of spare parts for knobless cylinders just let me know!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 12 2007 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I am beside myself with delight practically squealing with happiness. My replacement knobbed cylinders just arrived from Kid Advance! They are absolutely perfect in every way! I'm so thrilled...Now, I have a whole set of (my previously dysfunctional) cylinders that are begging to be turned into knobless cylinders.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2007 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Yeah, what a joy!!! I was holding my breath in anticipation for you as my cyclinders arrived perfect and I was SO hoping they would come through for you, bravo for another good company and it's service and standards!! So glad you shared here!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2007 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Hooray! Great idea about making the knobless cylinders out of the rejects! And I am sure you will find some clever way to use those blocks as well!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version