Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Materials/Presentation Lists Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AndreaG
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 19 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote AndreaG

Does anyone have the Materials and Concepts list for ages 6-9 from Montessori for Everyone ? I am wondering how it compares to the 6-9 scope and sequence from MTC. Can anyone help? I just don't know if I should go ahead and order the Montessori for Everyone one, I don't want to spend $ when I already have the MTC list. I need to start saving for those puzzle maps But I really want to get a better idea of the elementary montessori curriculum and figure out what I need to make AND how I am going to schedule it.

Back to Top View AndreaG's Profile Search for other posts by AndreaG

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 19 2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Andrea,
I have the Comprehensive Lists for all 3 age groups. I sat down for a few minutes to compare the 6-9 of Montessori for Everyone and the 6-9 of MTC. I do like the Montessori for Everyone lists better. Here are the differences:

1. MFE list is much longer - covering enough material to more than fill 3 years worth of instruction!!!
2. It is broken down into subjects, then subdivided into categories, for example, math is further divided into 8 different subcategories.
3. The most appealing difference to me - all presentations in MFE lists are listed in order that they should be presented! This was so helpful to me in that I no longer had to guess which material should logically be presented first. I may have to skip something since I don't have every single material, but I definitely have enough to hit the important areas. And looking through the comprehensive lists helped me see where I might be weak in terms of materials I didn't have available, like in some of the language areas. Now, I don't have to go all over online and print EVERY SINGLE presentation I can find. I will just print out presentations as needed throughout the year as I follow the list.
4. The last big difference is the inclusion of nomenclature cards in the MFE lists. I could not afford the geometry cabinet this go round. So as a substitute, I downloaded some 3 part cards that cover every single geometric shape included in the geometry cabinet. Her Geometry listing includes an in order list of the nomenclature cards and presentations to be covered. Every subject includes nomenclature/3 part card presentations for that subject. Very helpful if you had to substitute some cards for materials this year like me.

All three of the Comprehensive lists for the 3 different age groups are formatted in the same way, with the presentation listing and a small line to the left for you to check off as you go. Also included is a suggested key for how to check so that you know where you are in the checklist. She suggests you put a / on the line to indicate you have presented, X when the child is working on the material, and * when the child has mastered the material. All 3 of the lists from MFE are worth their weight in gold to me because they provided that order that I needed to put everything together, I liken it to what a timeline does for history - it's a skeleton to hang all of your facts from. Same with these comprehensive lists, they provide an overview of what should be covered and when.

I hope this helps somewhat and is clear enought to make sense.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Oh my goodness Jennifer, I'm going over there right now to buy them I didn't realized they were SO COMPLETE!! This is fantastic as I have compiled my binder nicely, but flipping through it, it still seems distracting and cluttered to me in that I don't have the BIG PICTURE other than Tables of Contents for each section. Anyhoo, big help here for me especially! Andrea, thank you for asking this question, you saved me ALOT of time on the computer, now all I have to do is shop

ETA:Ok Jennifer another question, did you buy the pdf format or hard copies from her and do both include the CD Roms?? Thanks...

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

AndreaG
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 19 2007 at 10:12am | IP Logged Quote AndreaG

Jennifer,
Thank you so much for the detailed description! I think I am sold. I also appreciated hearing how the lists help you even though you don't have all the materials- this is a concern of mine, that I will order the list and not be able to use much of it b/c I don't have the materials. Hopefully I'll be able to make cards and things to substitute. Thanks!

Back to Top View AndreaG's Profile Search for other posts by AndreaG

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Angel

Meredith,

I just purchased the pdf files for 3-6, 6-9, and 9-12. Pretty happy with this arrangement, as I can print it all out, leave it on the computer, or reprint pages if need be.

And I agree with Jennifer! They do seem to be much more comprehensive than the MTC lists.

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Great thanks so much!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 19 2007 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Meredith- is that the same list from MFE that you posted about in your Comprehensive lists, presentations thread about a week ago?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

SeaStar wrote:
Meredith- is that the same list from MFE that you posted about in your Comprehensive lists, presentations thread about a week ago?

YES, and actually it was Jennifer, I just moved the thread!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 19 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Meredith - I purchased the pdf only. Once I dowloaded I saw a lot of potential.

I printed one copy as a master.
I'm printing one copy to plan on - like checking off all of those presentations that I have materials for.
I'm going to print one copy for my 10 almost 11 year old to use as an independent study checklist. I may assign certain materials to be worked on for a period of time, and then she might be able to use the comprehensive list as a checklist.

Now that I have purchased the pdf, my dh is going to burn a CD for me with ALL of my lists, nomenclature card masters, and Montessori checklists that I have been gathering into my little digital basket.

Hope that answered your questions Meredith.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

You did, Jennifer, thanks so much! I am awaiting my PDF email as we speak

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version