Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Has anyone ordered from Adena? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 16 2007 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Just curious- the prices are very competitive. I noticed there are two levels- regular and then premium quality. The regular looked fine to me.

ETA: Just popping in the link here for anyone! Adena Global Montessori
(Meredith)

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 16 2007 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Thanks, Meredith- I was just going to add the link now that dh has the kids in the bath tub!

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

They do look good and quite competitive for sure! Thanks for another great resource! Anyone tried them yet?

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2007 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

No problem, I just saw your post and had to immediatley look it up!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 16 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I just saw they have the geometry cabinet for $127.50- what a deal!

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2007 at 6:06pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

That is a good price, but Kid Advance has it for only $99.99 PM Jennifer and see if she bought one from Kid Advance, I know she's already received her Kid Advance order Then you can get her opinion as mine has not arrived yet...

Blessings!

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2007 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Just an FYI ladies! (shouldda mentioned this before...)
If you are ordering anything from anyone, it pays to ask lots of questions about quality and what kind of wood they use. I ordered a pink tower and broad(brown) stair that is of some very soft lightweight wood that chips very easily.   Those suppliers have since changed their policies and sell higher quality products.   Many times you get what you pay for....so it does pay to ask. There are some suppliers that order from the orient so it is best to ask about non-toxic paints. FWIW....HTH!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2007 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Excellent points Donna Marie, I have these concerns as well and so far am pleased, but you can never under estimate the power of an actual *in-the-flesh* person to talk to when ordering and verifying sources!! Thank you for chiming in here

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 17 2007 at 4:52am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Do you know that they give free shipping to Ausralia over a certain amount

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 17 2007 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I'm just getting a chance to check in here - busy weekend -

Erin - How exciting about the free shipping. I know you've been looking for someone over here with good prices that'll ship overseas to you! Yay! They seem to have pretty good prices - I thought we'd found em' all. Thanks Melinda for finding another competitive source.

I didn't get to order the geography cabinet this go round - but it will be the very next thing I get when we run into that extra million my husband keeps hiding from me.    I did have it on and off my list several times, and was seriously considering ordering it from Kid Advance. If I have the $$ I'd like to order it from Alison's if...I don't miss the 5% sale, and because of all of the reasons Theresa mentions on the Geography Cabinet thread. Having said that, if it were a case of just having the amount to get the cabinet from Kid Advance, I'd probably just go ahead and order from them. I've been very pleased with everything from them except for a couple of the cylinders from the knobbed cylinders set. The wooden boxes each of the materials have come in have been beautiful, the wood substantial, and the finish very smooth. I've been extremely pleased since I had to go the real BUDGET route.

I am a little concerned though after reading Donna Marie's post. The quality is good, but I never thought of asking about the paint (and possible lead) Yikes! Anybody call KidAdvance on that one. If not, I'm going to call when I get a chance tomorrow or Tuesday first thing.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 18 2007 at 5:39am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Oh, my- I had never thought to ask about the paint, either. It amazes me that lead paint is still out there.

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 18 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Kristin

It's amazing you all brought this up (about lead paint) because I was going to ask if you've heard anything about the rise in children's lead levels here? Supposedly they've been higher than usual and "they" have tracked it down to paint on toys made in China! My mother mentioned it to me last week and I haven't had the chance to look into it more. Scary!

We don't have that many toys from China that are "painted", but one thing does come to mind is our inexpensive geometric solids that chipped almost immediately ... I can't remember where I ordered them from, but I can't imagine they weren't from China. I'm going to do a lead test on them today ... I'll let you know what the results are!

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 18 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote Kristin

The kiddos will be waking up any minute but I thought I would share this article I just found on the rise of lead poisoning and recalls on items made in China.

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 18 2007 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

That is a frightening article. Can you test for lead at home- buy a kit?

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 18 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Kristin

You can buy kits for testing lead at home at are pretty reliable if you follow the directions. They can be purchased at hardware stores or home improvement stores. Unfortunately, they do not work for things that are painted red or pink, as those colors indicate positive in the test and make it impossible to read the test accurately. (At least the tests that we have used.) Others may know of different tests??? I'd love to know!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Does anyone know if Adena has any coupon codes? They really are a fair bit dearer but the saving of the freight is good.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 22 2007 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Erin - I don't know of any codes for them, and don't remember seeing any floating around. Sorry

Curious about what you finally decided to order? Or have you decided yet?

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 22 2007 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Erin, I would just call them! I have been on the phone with several of the companies and they are very helpful and happy to answer any of your questions. AND, if they don't have a coupon or a hs discount ask them if they would offer it since so many do

I have found that if you ask they are usually happy to accomodate, especially home educators!! Good Luck!

Blessings!

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version