Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Blood type and food Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 08 2007 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

Does anyone know anything about this? My uncle visited a little while ago and was going on and on about it. I admit I only listened with one ear (at best) most of the time, because he's always sharing zany ideas of the week.

But some things did strike me as interesting: my son and I have different blood types and there are foods he absolutely just will not eat, and these are all listed under his blood type as 'unbeneficial,' according to this chart my uncle left (also on the same list were some of the son's favorite foods, as well).

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about any of this?
Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

CKwasniewski
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote CKwasniewski

I was really skeptical about this when I first heard it. However, I read Eat Right 4 your type and was amazed at how the description actually matched my husband and me (same type)!
I think there is something to it, though it is not the only thing to think about with food and health.

You should just check out the book from your library, if you're interested or get an old used copy.

HTH
CK
Back to Top View CKwasniewski's Profile Search for other posts by CKwasniewski

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2007 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

While it sounds somewhat credible, and with some people I know it works, it didn't work at all with me. I'm A+, which is supposed to be more vegetarian type foods, less meats (if I'm remembering correctly). That doesn't work for me, and I don't crave it naturally. If I don't eat protein in meat forms throughout the day my blood sugar crashes. Other protein substitutes don't work as well for me. My mother found this to be the same with her. I need the balance of dairy, eggs, meat and other complex carbs. I cannot eat a diet high in fruits and veggies and legumes.

Dh is an O, and although he's a meat eater, high protein low carb diet didn't really describe him or help him.

My aunt is an O and it's nowhere near how she eats, or desires to eat.

So personal experience and evaluation it didn't appeal to me. Here's a review I found interesting, but it's an opinion, of course.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2007 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Well, I'm an O and I NEED to eat that way (altho I don't do as well as I should) due to my PCOS.

My DH is AB neg. I cannot GET him to eat that way.

Our dc are all Bs...negs and pos. I haven't even tried it on them.

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2007 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

There is no credible scientific basis to it at all (btw, the article Jenn linked points that out towards the end). It is just one of those fad things that has caught on in some circles and somebody is making money off it.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2007 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

Thank you all - this is kind of what I figured, but I was definitely slightly intrigued when I saw that all my son's most detested foods were on the list he shouldn't eat, according to their chart, right along with all of his favorite foods. He does have allergies which are not entirely figured out, and I think *could* be diet related - so my interest was piqued.

I just threw it away, though. We are going to the library tomorrow anyway, and I'll see if that book that was mentioned above, just to peruse it.

Thank you again!

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version