Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Urgent Prayers for Dr. John Bruchalski Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 06 2005 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I just got this forward from my sister:

"Please pray for Dr. John Bruchalski who is critically ill in the hospital with severe pancreaitis. He is a wonderful doctor who has committed himself to bringing the healing Presence of Christ through healthcare. He is the Director of the Divine Mercy Care Center and the Tepeyac Family Center which gives Christian Health Care to Northern Virginia. Besides being an excellent and reputable OB/GYN practice, they care for the needy regardless of their ability to pay. Last year they cared for 133 women in crisis prgnancies and they receive referrals from twelve crisis pregnancy centers on a regular basis. We need him!!!! So please pray for him, his wife and family, and his ministry. Please spread the word for people to pray as well. He is very ill! "

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Praying for Dr. John Bruchalski. May Sts. Cosmas and Damian, brother physicians, intercede for him.

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Hi Jenn,
Do you know if this is a current prayer request? Dr. John is my OB. I received prayer requests last week for him, but have heard nothing since, so I assumed things were going well and he was recovering. Now I'm worried that he's still in danger. I'll keep praying.

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

I will pray for Dr. Bruchalski.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Angela F
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 06 2005 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote Angela F

Praying here, as well.
God bless,
Angela

Back to Top View Angela F's Profile Search for other posts by Angela F

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 06 2005 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

It's pretty recent...but maybe earlier this week. I've asked for an update. If you hear before me, Irene, please let us know.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: July 06 2005 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

We're praying...

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

It's very current. I got word this morning from Carolyn's friend, who has the boys. Apparently, the working diagnosis is pancreatitis. Very serious. He's in ICU. He's a cancer survivor; so he knows how to fight.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Thanks for the update, Elizabeth. I looked back at my emails after I replied and saw that the original prayer request was made last Thursday, so he's been sick almost a week at least. I will continue to pray.

He is such an amazing man. I originally got to know him when I was a youth minister. He came and gave chastity talks to my group. When I was expecting my 2nd dd, I could finally switch to him because he accepted our insurance. He's delivered the other 4 girls.

His entire practice is completely pro-life, NFP only. It has been such a blessing to me and countless other women in my area.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Thanks, Elizabeth. I've been going to Dr. B since I was 25, so almost 15 years. He's helped me through my days being single, to early married years of TTC to Ob-gyn with my son and then recently our miscarriage. He is such a blessing (as Irene says) -- going to him is not only a doctor's visit, but a spiritual uplift for me!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 08 2005 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Hi, I got some updates about Dr. John...

Their website has an update from July 5.

But I have a July 7 update:
I just spoke with Carolyn Bruchalski. John is now in the ICU. His kidneys have put out only 100 cc in the past 16 hours which is very little.   He underwent dialysis for 4 hours today. His worst hours are from 2-6 am. The MDs continue to tell Carolyn that his prognosis is good but things look bad right now.
And July 8 message:
Carolyn just called. John is scheduled for an MRI today - they are concerned about infection at this point. Although encouraged that he will eventually improve, she continues to say that he is very sick.

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

How awful for everyone. Will continue to pray and thank you for the updates.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 09 2005 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Please, please particpate! What a great bouquet we can help create! Instead of sending your offering to Patty, post it here, then I'll gather them all and send it to her in one list so that she has fewer emails to manage. Here's her message:

I just got off the phone with Carolyn - Dr. John's condition is the same - his kidneys are still not working, prayers are still needed. This said, Linda Frank and I are collecting a spiritual bouquet for Dr. John. Please email your spiritual contribution back to me by Tuesday, July 12, pmpl@cox.net

Please forward this on to anyone you know who would like to contribute to the spiritual bouquet.
Possible ideas: morning offering, rosary, Mass, personal sacrifice, holy hour, Divine Mercy Chaplet, etc.

Thank you and God Bless You.
Patty Laing

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2005 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Even 'way down here in the land of cotton, we've heard of the famous Dr. John. We are offering up our prayers for his healing.

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

Glenn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 09 2005 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote Glenn

Dr. Bruchalski is my OB too. He delivered all 3 of my babies. I didn't know he was sick but we will start praying right now. We love that man!
Glenn

materdei7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 10 2005 at 12:54am | IP Logged Quote materdei7

Offered him up in prayer at Evening Mass here.
Wish we had a Dr. like him out West!
Will include him in our daily rosary, too.
Prayers and Blessings,

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2005 at 1:38am | IP Logged Quote Willa

I will say my morning offering and decades for his recovery and for God's grace for him and his family. I'm on the other coast, but he sounds like a wonderful witness for life.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 11 2005 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

By Paul McCauley, MD - July 10, 2005
     Dr. John Bruchalski's acute pancreatitis caused by elevated triglycerides was treated appropriately and aggressively by his physicians and consultants in Northern Virginia. Despite this, he was recovering at a slower rate than they expected and desired. With the agreement of his loving wife, Dr. Bruchalski was transferred via ambulance Saturday evening to the Johns Hopkins University Hospital in Baltimore. Johns Hopkins is rated one of the top hospitals in the country every year. Dr. Bruchalski's local physicians desired consultation from the Johns Hopkins physicians.

Today Dr. Bruchalski seemed better, requiring less pain medication and demonstrating some improvement in kidney function. He is awake and asleep throughout the day. He readily and clearly communicates with Mrs. Bruchalski and the staff caring for him. The two Bruchalski boys have been well cared for, allowing Mrs. Bruchalski time to focus her attention on John's needs.

Dr. and Mrs. Bruchalski are grateful for the multitude of prayers, cards and notes. They appreciate people's desire to make a personal visit but respectfully request hospital visits not be made to allow Dr. Bruchalski as much time as possible to rest and recuperate.

Dr. Bruchalski continues to be concerned about the Tepeyac Family Center and the Divine Mercy Care organization, both of which he founded to provide health care to all patients who come, insured and uninsured. Drs. Marie Anderson and Daniel Fisk have been making management decisions for the Tepeyac Family Center. Sr. Jean Louise Forkin, vice-chairperson, has assumed leadership of Divine Mercy Care in Dr. Bruchalski's absence, assisted by Board members Ed Grogan, Pat Lynch and Dr. Paul McCauley.

We fully believe Dr. Bruchalski will make a complete recovery and will return to medical practice. He has been very ill, but with time, good medical care and your prayerful support, we believe he will return to Tepeyac to continue the work he began over ten years ago.

Dr. Bruchalski truly feels that Divine Mercy Care and the Tepeyac Family Center is God’s work, and his calling in life. What a wonderful tribute to Dr. Bruchalski and endorsement of his life's work if we continue his efforts while he is recuperating.

In lieu of flowers or gifts, which he is unable to enjoy at the moment, Dr. Bruchalski would prefer that all well wishers consider making a contribution to Divine Mercy Care, the organization founded by him to help support the care of the poor through the Tepeyac Family Center.

If you would like to make a donation, you may choose one of the following options:

By check: mail a check payable to "Divine Mercy Care" to address below
By credit card:
           A) Call 703-273-9440 x 107, leave your name and phone number and you will be called back
           B) Mail your name, address, and telephone number along with your credit card type (Visa or MasterCard), credit card number, expiration date and dollar amount you wish to donate

Mail all donations to:
                Divine Mercy Care - 11135 Lee Highway, Suite B - Fairfax, VA 22030

Divine Mercy Care is a 501(c)3 tax exempt not-for-profit organization.
All donations to Divine Mercy Care are fully tax deductible

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:44pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

he sounds like a wonderful Godly man. praying here for his full recovery.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

materdei7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2005 at 6:24pm | IP Logged Quote materdei7

Thanks for the update, Elizabeth!
We are praying for a full recovery!

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version