Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Who else is 'abroad'? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 27 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote doris

I got a kind comment on my blog recently which commented on what it must be like to live 'abroad'. (I live in the UK.) It made me smile because as far as I'm concerned, I'm home (I'm British through and through) and this board is, well, abroad!

So I was just wondering, who else is from outside the US? Either from elsewhere or living elsewhere?

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hi Elizabeth - I'm from Australia, as are Leonie, Erin, Chem39 and the Bruggie family - I'd be interested to know if there were any more Aussie girls..

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote Alison

I am a New Zealander but we have lived in Australia for 18 years this August! (4 chn kiwis by birth + 3 aussies).Last time I went back to Auckland it was starting to feel a bit foreign, oh well I guess we're "binational"(if there is a word for it...like bilingual !) Our oldest leaves for the States soon to begin his novitiate in the Capuchin order.We are so very proud of him....will he come back with an accent!!

blessings

Alison

[URL=http://homeschoolblogger.com/Aliadelaide/]
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hello Alison, lovely the meet you!

That sounds so wonderful, your eldest's vocation - there are many different Capuchin orders...anyone in particular? Fr Groshel's order is well know to me via EWTN...

God Bless, Anne

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 27 2007 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote Alison

Hi Anne
He's joining the Australian Capuchins but because there are only 40 or so Capuchins in Australia they are sent to the US where I think the intake this year is 40.He starts at St Fidelis Friary, Victoria, Kansas and then in July moves to St Francis Retreat Centre, Burlington, Wisconsin, which they tell us is 80km from Chicago!He has really enjoyed his Postulancy in Sydney. One of the many highlights was working with the Missionaries of Charity

blessings

Alison

PS I didn't realise there were many Capuchin orders. I knew there was quite a variety of Franciscan Orders. You learn something new every day!!
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

Hello Elizabeth - me . Born in England and always lived here. When asked nationality I have always automatically put English. It never occurred to me that people put British until a conversation with dh!

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Katie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 28 2007 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Katie

I'm from Wales but currently live in Suriname. I've been meaning to post an update about us but I have slow, slow dial up for a couple more weeks. Dh is American, so the kids have dual nationality, and the little one due at the end of May will be born here and may end up having triple nationality!!

Anyway, hello everyone!

meaculpa365
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 28 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote meaculpa365

Hi i'm Pam in Alice Springs. We are just about finishing up 3 fabulous years here in Australia. Returning to the east coast of USA in July.
My youngest, so far, 2 yr old Joseph is developing a distinct Aussie accent! Mostly from the sibs. We like the shop sign in town that states, "Australian & English spoken here"!
Pam in Au JMJ
Back to Top View meaculpa365's Profile Search for other posts by meaculpa365

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2007 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hi Pam, So good to hear you have enjoyed your time out here, it sounds so idyllic to live somewhere else for a few years - wonderful experience. Have you been a Alice Springs all that time? Have you been able to travel around Australia at all?

Thought the meaculpa looked familiar...

graciefaith
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 28 2007 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote graciefaith

We are currently living in Japan. This is our 3rd year here. We're just stationed here and absolutely love it! Its great to experience a different culture. I wouldnt mind extended our stay here but by the time we leave, i think i will be ready to experience a different place. We do not want to go back to the states but go to somewhere in Europe. Our dream station would be in Italy!
Back to Top View graciefaith's Profile Search for other posts by graciefaith

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 30 2007 at 5:02pm | IP Logged Quote doris

Ooh, hello to all! It's really nice to 'meet' you!

Any other 'foreigners'?!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 30 2007 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Elizabeth,
Anne has already mentioned me. But I just wanted to say I know I often will take extra notice when you and Kathryn write as you are from England I also enjoy hearing from you other ladies from 'abroad'

Pam, Lovely to see you here Hi Alison

Grace, I didn't realise you were in Japan. Several of my cousins have been living there for a few years.

How are things going Katie? I remember you 'talking' awhile back about having to buy up big on books and school supplies when you visit the States. See I ALWAYS remember when something pertains to books Are you planning on staying in Georgia for a while yet?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2007 at 12:45am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Sorry for being so late in responding... I have been out of touch for the last 3 weeks.
I am an american living in Germany. It has been over 17 years now.
My dh is german and our 4 girls have dual citizenship.
I really like my life here, but am very thankful for the internet!

Yes, I am a foreigner, although, when many germans talk about "Ausländer" (foreigners) they mean the Turks, Albanians and poor Russians. I remind my children often, that I, too, am an Ausländer. It makes them think!

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2007 at 1:53am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hello Stephanie!! Glad to hear from you again - how was your break away? Hoping that it has been rejuvenating!

Genevieve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2007 at 6:51am | IP Logged Quote Genevieve

I'm a Singaporean living in United States. Does it count? I've lived here for the past five years. Dh likes to move around so maybe we will get an overseas posting in the next few years.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version