Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Crocs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 25 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I am getting ready to buy our yearly sandals from Lands End. I am wondering, however, if anyone has bought "Crocs" or similar shoes for their kids. If you have them, how do you like them? Are they more comfortable for the kids than sports sandals? What brand did you buy?

Thanks!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

Molly,

My dc all have Payless' brand (Air Walk, I think). We like them, they are comfortable and easy on/ easy off, which I like    My ds likes his sport sandals better, but the other 3 like the AirWalks better. I have a pair myself and find them quite comfortable, easy, and useful.

Christine
Back to Top View cvbmom's Profile Search for other posts by cvbmom

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Air Walks are closest to genuine Crocs in terms of comfort...and cheaper. My dd loves them (she's tried both brands). She also likes putting them on over her Irish dance ghillies so she can be dressed and ready to go before we get to dance class!

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I bought crocs last month for myself, and I wear them everyday. They are wonderfully comfortable. As for the dc I bought an off brand (I know they will lose them)    and they love wearing them. So my opinion is for older kids or adults get the better brand, littles at least mine are good in the off brands!!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote KerryK

I wear my crocs every day and love them. My kids were given crocs as gifts and really love them, also. They feel great on the feet!

Mary (6)
New baby Samuel 2/26/07!
and 9 angels in heaven

The Eyes of My Heart
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I have Croc flip flops which I like for the pool. Yesterday, I was watching the baby have fun sliding around on a slick spot on the pool deck, and I was able to walk over and pick him up without losing traction.    They are comfortable to wear all the time but not dressy enough for most of my wardrobe.

I would buy Crocs for the kids, but I don't do slip-off shoes. In warm weather, they all (even the baby)only wear Tevas.

Philothea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Philothea

My son loves his Crocs, doesn't want to wear anything else.
Back to Top View Philothea's Profile Search for other posts by Philothea

lilac hill
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote lilac hill

DD#3 is still wearing her crocs after a year.
They have tread on the front of the sole but the heel is worn.
These are her everywhere, from the barn to the store shoes. Although faded, they do wash well.
Withthe strap up and out of the way, she can get a bit more time in them.
DH wears them at work and has bought his second pair. His new Birks do not fit like his last 4 pairs so he switched and has not had a recurrence of his achilles fascitis.

Wife to Rick (7/83), Mom to dd#1(6/87), dd#2(1/90), and dd#3(6/94) in central PA.
Back to Top View lilac hill's Profile Search for other posts by lilac hill

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 25 2007 at 5:02pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

My kids wear the croc style.. matter of fact my MIL bought them last year and I was surprised..

My little ones.. would keep them on where they'd work at getting off the more tied/buckled on shoes.. BUT I would think if you're going in water for wading and such.. that they wouldn't work near as well being slip offs.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Cici
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 25 2007 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote Cici

Our kids had the airwalks from Payless less year (this year, our Payless doesn't carry them ) - my children LIVED in them. LOVED LOVED LOVED them all around. They were washable and easy to get on/off for those muddy play days (= everyday around here! )

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2007 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

Cici wrote:
Our kids had the airwalks from Payless less year (this year, our Payless doesn't carry them ) - my children LIVED in them. LOVED LOVED LOVED them all around. They were washable and easy to get on/off for those muddy play days (= everyday around here! )

They do carry them online I noticed!

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

Cici
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 26 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Cici

MarieC wrote:
They do carry them online I noticed!

Oh great. Thanks for helping me spend money!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 26 2007 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Cici wrote:
We just stocked up on these -- we're planning on doing lots of camping this summer and someone on another thread brought up that they're perfect for camping cuz you can wear them to the bath house and leave them outside the tent and "no worries".

Cici, we found at Payless that they recalled all the sizes smaller than 10.5 for safety reasons (huh?????). So we had to get our littlest guy some camo flip flops with a strap in the back -- he thinks they're very cool!

The Airwalk croc-alikes are amazingly comfortable -- feet don't sweat (how is that possible) and they're completely waterproof! You can wear them with/without socks and "no worries".

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: April 26 2007 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I ended up buying off-brand Croc style shoes for the girls and me after reading the same camping thread that Mary referred to. We have one pair from Target, one from Walmart, and the rest from K-Mart. (My local Payless had nothing available in children's sizes.) I will say that the ones that feel the most like real Crocs are the K-Mart ones. They were very inexpensive too -- $8 for kids and $10 for adults.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 27 2007 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

My dd11 loves her Crocs! She has tried the knock-offs and doesn't like them as well. Maybe they have changed them since she tried them - it's been a couple years.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Okay, this may be a bit much, even for me, but I just ran across this article when I was on the Drudge Report about a hospital in Sweeden that was banning crocs b/c they build up too much static and were shutting off impt. equipment at the hospital.

I only bring it up b/c I set my gas tank on fire once last fall when I was pumping gas-- I started going through the car and pulling out trash while the car was filling up. When I went to put the cap on, the gas that was around the gas tank opening sparked and caught on fire. Thankfully, my kids weren't with me b/c I ran out of there, but it was really scary. I'd hate to think that my shoes could cause something like that to happen!

JSYK!

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

I just bought a pair of Crocs and am very pleased with them. Dds both say they don't want them because they don't like the look, but keep pinching mine because they are comfy (even the dd with feet five sizes smaller than mine!).

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Kathryn UK wrote:
I just bought a pair of Crocs and am very pleased with them. Dds both say they don't want them because they don't like the look, but keep pinching mine because they are comfy (even the dd with feet five sizes smaller than mine!).
Kathryn, I think the look "grows" on you ... they've been "hot" here for the past year or so and initially I thought they looked really goofy. I also didn't like the price-tag as I had bought similar gardening clogs in Austria for 3 Euro! I thought it crazy that people wore them everywhere -- I thought of them as gardening shoes or "running out to post a letter" shoes.

But now I really like them and can see wearing them all the time -- they're so comfy. And as mentioned earlier, for camping, they'll be perfect!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2007 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

We all have crocs here..some Payless, some real crocs, depending on whether Mommy bought them or Granny! They have been a craze here for a while and everyone has them and wears them year round in the warm Louisiana weather. I keep an old baker's rack by the back door where we all store our crocs and rubber boots. shoes off before coming in the house has made a huge difference in the kitchen clean up routine...much less sweeping! Even the babies have crocs here...and my swollen pregnant feet will slide into nothing else. My mom sent me a new pair last week as a pregnancy pick me up, they are Mary Jane style and GOLD! Cute and I can wear them with a casual skirt or dress. The kids here are also very into giving one another these little buttons you can stick into the holes in front for decoration....my kids got them as Valentine's gifts from another family and we put them in Easter Eggs this year for the same family. LOVIN CROCS HERE!
Colleen
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Karen T
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 05 2007 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote Karen T

Anne McD wrote:
Okay, this may be a bit much, even for me, but I just ran across this article when I was on the Drudge Report about a hospital in Sweeden that was banning crocs b/c they build up too much static and were shutting off impt. equipment at the hospital.

I only bring it up b/c I set my gas tank on fire once last fall when I was pumping gas-- I started going through the car and pulling out trash while the car was filling up. When I went to put the cap on, the gas that was around the gas tank opening sparked and caught on fire. Thankfully, my kids weren't with me b/c I ran out of there, but it was really scary. I'd hate to think that my shoes could cause something like that to happen!

JSYK!

I don't know about the shoes, but you should never re-enter a car while filling up for that very reason! Our gas stations have signs posted on the machines stating this. Carpet, etc hold static electricity easily. You should also touch the metal frame of the car before beginning to fill up, to discharge any static on you.
Karen T
Back to Top View Karen T's Profile Search for other posts by Karen T

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version