Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Archdiocese of Denver?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

We will be in the Denver Archdiocese this fall. How's the attitude towards homeschooling, specifically homeschooling for Sacramental Preparation??

My eldest went through 9 months of basically useless RE classes and often came home with misinformation..

Bethany will be 7 in October and is ready to receive the Eucharist, even now. We are going to do some "formal" preparation work over the summer and after her birthday hopefully we'll find a priest/parish who will let her receive her FHC.

San Antonio seems opposed to "Homeschooling the Sacraments" and I just went along with the RE classes because that's the way it's always been done, right?? and I didn't want to rock the boat.

So, long, rambly story short, please tell me how it is in Denver!
Thanks!
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 16 2007 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Well, we have at least 4 active 4real members that live in the Denver archdiocese. I've hs'ed 2 of my littles thru First Reconciliation and they'll do FHC on April 29th (this in a parish with an active parochial school and CCD program, yet Father didn't even question why I didn't have them in....)

Denver is a fabulous Archdiocese with advanced catechesis for everyone ... very welcoming here and lots of homeschoolers who are good Catholics (I did just move from South Carolina where the hs'ers were primarily pretty militant Protestants!) We actually have at least THREE active hs'ing support groups based on geographic location ....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

JSchaaf wrote:
We will be in the Denver Archdiocese this fall.

Really? Do you know where? I could give you specific info about parishes.

JSchaaf wrote:
How's the attitude towards homeschooling, specifically homeschooling for Sacramental Preparation??

It can vary from parish to parish, but in general this diocese is very favorable to homeschooling Sacramental prep as Mary said. For the past few years we've had 3-5 new priests from our new seminary ordained and the first of those are now becoming pastors; they are incredibly orthodox, zealous for the faith, active in catechesis, on fire for the Sacraments and the Lord. It's a wonderful diocese over all, just be selective about which parish you choose; there are still a few difficult ones.

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

Dh will be a student at CSU in Fort Collins. We are leaning towards living in Windsor.
Any inside scoop regarding parishes would be great!
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version