Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Rachel (juststartn), How are you?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ShawnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote ShawnaB

I was looking for an update from you Rachel, and hope you are doing OK. Although I wasn't reading the boards during Lent, a friend here kept me updated on you from time to time, and you have been in my prayers. I have thought of you often, and do feel a connection through our shared experience of being blessed (and challenged!) with two babies at once.

I just wanted to see how you were doing, and how we all should be praying for you.
God bless you.

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I'm doing ok--really getting to the "tired" phase of this pregnancy, though.

I had two trips to L&D last week--one for ctx that went nowhere, one for low bp (got down to 84/52).....I had another level II u/s on Friday, and that's when I had the low bp. Of course. But the boys looked great (3#6oz and 3#4oz) and they were fine thru the whole bp incident. I was told I could probably expect more low bp issues, so they told me no stairs and limited driving. Of course if I am driving and I feel anything I am to pull over, call someone on the cell phone, and lay my seat back, common sense stuff.

I'm not having much luck getting DH to get on the stick about getting his portion of the "HAS GOT TO BE DONE" list done. Hasn't done ONE thing on it...and time is running short. I'm 30wks4days as of today, and the dr said to expect to go sometime in the next 4-8wks...probably closer to the 4-6 range since I am already effacing and dilating. Lovely. So DH has GOT to get moving...but he's not. Not even the easy stuff is done. I think he's still in denial that time is running out...both for this pregnancy and for his time home before deployment (which has now been extended from 12 mos to 15-18mos). They are saying that they will likely leave something from the 5-20th of June, and they are trying to get DH on one of the last flights out, whenever that may be. But I know he/we are not going to be able to get stuff done before he leaves and after the boys are born. We are already stuffed in here, with two more little people and all of their paraphenalia, we are just NOT going to have it, unless he does what he needs to do...pronot.

Please pray for us. That the boys stay in there and continue to gain well...that I don't go insane from the frustration of dealing with a DH who is in denial...that the things that need to be done, GET done...And that DH copes ok with this deployment. It will be his last--he retires after his return. Thank goodness. 23 yrs it will be, once he gets home...more time than he ever planned on spending...

Thanks for asking...I've not been on here too much lately--between the fatigue, the fatigue, and the fatigue, lol, I'm just not my usual post-happy self....

Rachel (who will try and get to her pms asap...really)

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Rachel,

Hey, you made a milestone! (Making it to 30 weeks eliminates some of the very, very early preemie issues.) When I was pregnant with my twins, I remember thinking in terms of the milestones... First I had to get to 30 weeks, then 32, then 34... then mysteriously, doctors stopped caring about my contractions.        I started dilating at about 31 weeks and the babies were born at 35 weeks, 4 days.

I am sorry to hear about your husband, and have been thinking about you as well, although I didn't get to reply to your other thread. We move twice when I was pregnant with the babies, and of course, *nothing* was really prepared. Fortunately, my ds isn't military so we didn't have to deal with deployment, but the babies came when they came and we were just so happy they were healthy. We're still trying to make up for not being able to get too many things done before they got here, but -- what was important after they were born was definitely survival (mine and theirs! ) It might be helpful to just focus on what you can do now -- keeping them in there for as long as possible, eating a lot of protein to pack on that weight (theirs, I mean   ) I found it a lot easier to cope when I was just worried about "the next thing".

Other than that, gee, I am praying for you!! Have you been able to get some help at least?

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:07pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Yup, that's what I am trying to do--eat the protein, I mean. But it's just about all I can do to eat ANYTHING these days.

I kwym about trying to make the milestones. I am just trying to hit the next one...and the next one...and the next one...

Now, when I said we didn't have things done, I meant we don't have a place for them to SLEEP. LOL. Well, we do, but first we need to get our current youngest into her big girl bed which she will be sharing with her big sisters..which means we need to get the full size bed out of the master bedroom, replace it with a queen, and move the girls into the full...but to do all of that, we need to move other things around...it's one of those domino effect things that needs some preliminary work....and of course it is things I absolutely cannot do anything about (lifting, moving, hauling, etc).

Thats what the frustrating thing is...a little too difficult for me to deal with while laying on my side on the couch all day...where all I can do is pray, grow babies, and wonder when/if things are ever going to "happen" as far as DH is concerned....(this isn't the first child he has delayed on--it is, however the first twin one, AND the first one he will be leaving so much potentially Undone when he leaves for 18mos on the other side of the planet).

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

juststartn wrote:
I'm doing ok--really getting to the "tired" phase of this pregnancy, though.

I had two trips to L&D last week--one for ctx that went nowhere, one for low bp (got down to 84/52).....I had another level II u/s on Friday, and that's when I had the low bp. Of course. But the boys looked great (3#6oz and 3#4oz) and they were fine thru the whole bp incident.

Rachel I am praying.

Great news that the boys are doing great. 30 weeks is awesome too. (my twin boys were born at 3lbs 6oz and 3lbs 4oz - so your post is making me all emotional)

I have the blood pressure issue too. I find that any medicine to stop contractions lowers my already low blood pressure.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2007 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

Oh Rachel, how I wish you were close. My oldest daughter (20) is a great caretaker of mom and baby. She can do anything - chores, childcare, etc. The only thing is that she cannot drive. Seriously, if you get in a serious need for help, she would love to come and help.

You are in my prayers.

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2007 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Well, once DH leaves in mid June (we now have a firm date of departure), his sisters will be coming out one at a time to help. The SIL I had hoped could come, can't--she got a job. Another SIL has mentioned coming out, but I'm not sure whether or not she actually WILL be coming out. I talked to her briefly yesterday, but she had to cut the conversation short as she had a call coming in on another phone (not another line, a whole other phone, lol). So I don't know whether or not--or when--she wiill be coming out. Now of course I don't have ANYONE lined up to watch the dc. When there was just one baby in there, and a mid-June edd, I figured I could get a local college student--or even a highschooler. But with twins, and them coming earlier...well, shoot. No one will be off of school yet. My IRL friend just had her fifth last month, so she's in no shape to add three more to her house at this point (esp as her DH is deployed). SIGH

I'm praying my SIL Geral can come out--pray, if you can, that she will be coming out. And relatively soon (say, within the next two weeks--that would be good, lol).

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version