Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Depression/exhaustion prayers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I am still really struggling. This weekend we got struck hard by a stomach virus. I had children vomiting all over the house, literally. I had three nights of all night caregiving and cleaning up messes.

So, I feel like I am that much closer to the edge. Dh is home, because he is sick, but at least he is keeping things relatively calm.

My brain is really muddled. I sold a book to a woman on Cathswap and sent her the wrong book. And that was after double-checking to make sure I had the right one!

I don't know how to get out from under this. My kids are deaf to my words, probably because I am either yelling or because they know I won't follow up on what I tell them to do. Most days they get the minimum amount of schoolwork done, but they don't stay focused because I can't stay focused.

I am so grateful for prayers. This is a dry,lonely time for me. I am trying to focus on this baby growing inside of me and get excited about meeting him in 8 weeks or so. Right now, I can't even picture bringing a newborn into this mess.

Maybe Fall will really arrive and lift my spirits. I love Fall, and this unending heat is just another thorn in my side right now.

I am trying hard to keep perspective and not wallow in self-pity. I know how blessed we are but that is not helping me from feeling like I am under an avalanche.

Thank you all and God bless you.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote nissag

Molly,

I've been thinking of you every day. Is there a chance that your parish can arrange some sort of respite for you? Maybe have a couple of ladies come and give you a hand? I know it's a long-shot, but maybe you can do a short retreat before the little one arrives?

I'm ready for a retreat, too. There is a very nice little house about 20 minutes from me that offers silent retreat for about $24/day. Perhaps there is something near you?

It's so important to spiritually and emotionally refresh, especially before a life change like adding a new babe, or saying goodbye to a grown child.

Sending you many prayers and much love...

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Still praying, Molly.

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

Praying Molly ... been there before. Put no expectations are yourself and take one moment at a time. It will get better.

Fondly,

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Molly, I am praying very hard for you. I have been there, it is a very lonely feeling.
Peace of Christ,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Dear Molly,
You know you are in my daily prayers and we pray for your intentions every night in our Family Rosary. I'm sorry you've all been sick! Please try and take it easy and know that it will get better.

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Dear Friends,
Dh went back to work after being home last week as the stomach flu tore through the whole family. I am so depleted, physically and emotionally. It was all I could do to get out of bed.

Please continue to pray. My kids are basically on their own here while I try to pull myself out of this. I have to keep my distance from them because my patience is so short and every little thing is setting me off.

If this doesn't improve by the end of the week, I will see my midwife about possible solutions, whether it be medication or something else. I feel like a horrible mother.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 10:38am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

(((Molly))) I have been praying for you daily. I know this is so very difficult and painful. I will pray for your midwife and medical caregivers as well, that all will have the wisdom for your situation.
Peace of Christ,
love,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Dear Molly

I am praying for you all day today. Lots of hugs coming your way. Having just been through the worst 5 weeks ever feeling very ill ( and wondering if my kids would be better off in school) - I am aware of how hard it must be for you. No real words of wisdom - or maybe St. Teresa of Avila that we did for copywork today

"Let nothing disturb you: Let nothing frighten you. All things are passing. God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Nohting is wanting to him who possesses God. God alone suffices."

I wish I lived closer to help.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote nissag

(((Molly)))

My heart is aching for you. You are NOT a horrible mother. Don't wait to call your midwife. You deserve to start feeling better TODAY. It could be something as simple as a dietary change. For me, it was an increase in protein and green veggies and an increase in water (can you imagine that during pregnancy? ).

I'll offer my day for you, dear Molly. Please be kind to yourself. I often think that these periods are not just for our own spiritual growth, but for those around us. It gives our family and friends the opportunity to serve a servant.

Offering also a memorare for you today!

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Oh, Molly--I am praying very hard to Saint Joseph for you.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Molly, have peace. You are not a horrible mother. You are a mom who has a lot on your plate in addition to that growing baby in your womb. Be easy on yourself. You and the kids don't need you to beat yourself up about it all. That will only stress you out more, which will in turn stress out your relationship with the kids even more.

Praying for strength and peace.

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Dear Molly,

I am praying for you and your family. Please try and get some rest. The kids and I offered up Mass this morning for your intentions. Please call me when you get a chance. I'd love to come over and help out when everyone recovers from the flu.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Bumping this up to ask for extra prayers. I am so wiped out and I am at the point that even leaving the house is too much.
Please pray for us the next few days. Especially today that we can make it through the noon Mass for the Holy Day. I really don't want to go. I just want to sit here and cry. This depression has been a real test of my Faith but I know I have to do it for the kids whether I want to or not.

Thank you.

Remembering Today

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Praying, Molly.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Dearest Molly,
Holding you close in prayer today...Much love to you...

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Oh, Molly--praying hard to all the saints for you on this special feast!!!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote nissag

(((Molly)))    I can't stand it for you. I wish for all the world that I was close so that I could help ease your burden and let you rest.

You are in my special prayers, dear. Please, please, see if you can get some help - both around the house and for your precious spirit.

Much love and blessings,

mom3aut1not
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote mom3aut1not

Molly,

Praying. Is there anyone nearby who can help in any way?? You don't hapen to live in MD, do you?

Please get some help. Depression is not a trivial matter, and it affects so much.

In Christ,
Deborah
Back to Top View mom3aut1not's Profile Search for other posts by mom3aut1not

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Continuing prayers, and I echo everyone else's suggestion for outside help!! Hang in there, we're pulling for you!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version