Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Your favorite basket Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 07 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Betsy wrote:
I am dreaming of baskets.....

Me too! Our annual parish (Longaberger) Basket Bingo is this Sunday --I hope I win one!

Those Peterboro baskets are lovely --how are they holding up Jen?

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 07 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

MicheleQ wrote:
Betsy wrote:
I am dreaming of baskets.....

Me too! Our annual parish (Longaberger) Basket Bingo is this Sunday --I hope I win one!

Those Peterboro baskets are lovely --how are they holding up Jen?

Basket Bingo???

That's my kinda game!!!! Hope you win one, too, Michele! How great would that be?

I still LOVE my baskets!!! They're in use every.single.day!! And holding up just GREAT!!!! I really love all of them...but the most useful are the baskets WITH HANDLES!! In fact, one of my baskets made its debut in the latest issue of Mater et Magistra! In case you didn't see it...

Our errand running basket stocked for a morning out...

Let me know if you're looking for specifics about specific baskets, Betsy! And if anyone is looking, there is a 13% off coupon code good now through April 13 - TREATMOM. I can't thank Mary (crusermom) enough for showing me these GREAT tools for my home!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 09 2010 at 2:15am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

We have a few handled baskets over here too and they are holding up beautifully! I love them! I can usually find random baskets at thrift stores, but not SQUARE/RECT ONES WITH HANDLES!   So, that's what I've purchased and made use of.   

Our latest switch-er-oo was me giving up a couple of my square/handle baskets and giving them to my two oldest daughters, so they have a traveling work basket that is stocked, and they can go anywhere in the house to work, read, write, etc.

FWIW, I have an old basket from my grandma that is probably over 30 years old and it's in great shape. I can only say how it's been handled for the past 8 years or so.....before that she may have kept yarn or cotton in it for 22 years , but I keep heavy books in it and haul it around, so they are durable!

Mackfam wrote:
In fact, one of my baskets made its debut in the latest issue of Mater et Magistra! In case you didn't see it...

Our errand running basket stocked for a morning out...

I use one for my car basket too. LOVE IT!

And, in case anyone missed the all-important-thread a year ago of Going From House to Car with a Basket , click here if you want to see how much we can talk about the most minute details of our lives!

And, yes, Betsy....please let us know if you have any specific questions!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote JaysFamily

Jen,

I just looked through every category at the Peterboro site and it doesn't look like they carry your book baskets anymore!

Do you think they'll bring it back if enough of us call or email requests for it??

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

JaysFamily wrote:
Jen,

I just looked through every category at the Peterboro site and it doesn't look like they carry your book baskets anymore!

Do you think they'll bring it back if enough of us call or email requests for it??

They do have one on the website, but it is part of a set. Peterboro Office Set

I keep meaning to email and ask them if they would make more and in various sizes. They really do have wonderful customer service. Every time I have called they have been so friendly and helpful. : )

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

JaysFamily wrote:
Jen,

I know!!! I'm pretty sure I bought them in one of their tent sales - they've been gone for awhile. I'm glad I grabbed what I did...because they really are integral baskets used every.single.day here!!!

JaysFamily wrote:

I would definitely give it a try! The set of baskets Trinity linked does have a similar basket, but it's not quite the same. The difference is in the width which could make a big difference if you have it loaded with books. The reason I find the book baskets we have so valuable is that they are 14 inches square and completely sturdy! They DON'T FLIP!!!!

I wanted to mention another option for you - the square baskets with handles! We have the Basic Shopper #1 and I like the 8" sides and handles a lot!! Also check out the Basic Shopper #2 in their tent sale which has 6" sides, so be wary of stability issues if you plan to stack heavy chapter books in there. If you're not stacking heavy books it might fit your needs well! These baskets have earned their place here for us as well as our book baskets! They're also about 14 inches square - so super sturdy! What they lose in the dropped front/accessibility to books they gain because of their handles. I have two of these that I use for my seasonal book baskets and one for Katie's books. She likes to pick up her basket and bring it to the kitchen...the couch...wherever...and then return it to its spot on the table. It's a really great basket!

All of my baskets are holding up SO AMAZINGLY WELL! Good luck chatting with them about this basket! Trinity is right, the customer service is very good and it's worthwhile to make a call!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Mackfam wrote:
I wanted to mention another option for you - the square baskets with handles! We have the Basic Shopper #1 and I like the 8" sides and handles a lot!! Also check out the Basic Shopper #2 in their tent sale which has 6" sides, so be wary of stability issues if you plan to stack heavy chapter books in there. If you're not stacking heavy books it might fit your needs well! These baskets have earned their place here for us as well as our book baskets! They're also about 14 inches square - so super sturdy! What they lose in the dropped front/accessibility to books they gain because of their handles. I have two of these that I use for my seasonal book baskets and one for Katie's books. She likes to pick up her basket and bring it to the kitchen...the couch...wherever...and then return it to its spot on the table. It's a really great basket!

We love these square "Basic Shopper" baskets....I put this in another thread when we were talking about organizing desk areas.

SuzanneG wrote:
We love having the baskets with swing handles so that my girls can move around the house with them. They "live" on a bench, but they can be found throughout the house at any given time.   Sometimes the work table, sometimes in front of the couch or in the bedroom. We don't usually work in one spot, so this is important to us.

These are the Peterboro ones...which are my sturdiest ones, but I do have a couple others that we use....just have to be careful with the weight.

We attached a sturdy little cardstock-pouch on the side with a big binder clip, so that their pencils, and scissors, rulers, etc. can be contained.

They keep anything that is theirs in here. Notebooks, clipboard, books, etc.

The big one on the left is the basket for current-family-books/supplies or books that the two/three oldest are sharing. I'm usually the only one that moves this one around. I'm going to have to find another spot for it, as I have another basket to add for dd#3 this year!

I also use the big rectangular Shopping Basket for MY STUFF. They are my moveable desks!

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

And, the various size Shopper Baskets w/Handles are often in the Tent Sale....they get different sizes listed there on a regular basis.   Or...I purchased mine when they went on a "Sidebar Bargain" if you're signed up for the emails.

They are listed at $32 regular price, but I think I paid about $17 each for mine....sidebar bargain plus I bought more than one.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Can't.stop.posting.about.baskets...

Just wanted to let you gals know that if you've discerned a purchase of a basket from Peterboro there are frequent coupons that they offer through their newsletters so be sure to sign up for those. I just got one today and thought I'd offer it here.

Coupon for 13% off...good now through November 2: TREATS

crusermom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote crusermom

Will not buy any baskets, breathe deep, repeat......

Army wife and Crusermom to 8 wonderful children!
Back to Top View crusermom's Profile Search for other posts by crusermom

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Mackfam wrote:
JaysFamily wrote:
Jen,

I know!!! I'm pretty sure I bought them in one of their tent sales - they've been gone for awhile. I'm glad I grabbed what I did...because they really are integral baskets used every.single.day here!!!

JaysFamily wrote:

I would definitely give it a try! The set of baskets Trinity linked does have a similar basket, but it's not quite the same. The difference is in the width which could make a big difference if you have it loaded with books. The reason I find the book baskets we have so valuable is that they are 14 inches square and completely sturdy! They DON'T FLIP!!!!

All of my baskets are holding up SO AMAZINGLY WELL! Good luck chatting with them about this basket! Trinity is right, the customer service is very good and it's worthwhile to make a call!
The book basket they have on the website really does look small. That and the price for the set has kept me from buying it. I hope they decide to carry the bigger ones again because we would love some in our home.

I have tipping issues with the small Peterboro Shopper in our living room because it is about half full. We use it for holding the children's magazines and the Treasure Box books. I put a paperweight in the front to hold it down better. I'm thinking of purchasing the new CD holder basket they sell to keep our Beatrix Potter stories in.

I also keep a large shopper basket on top of a toy chest. It is really weighted down with books, so there are no tipping issues there. My children like that they can easily flip through the books to find their favorites. : )

I really like this thread! I am getting all sorts of ideas for how to utilize our baskets better. They make such lovely gifts too. I think I will fill some up with flowers, baked goods, soaps, books, etc. for Christmas gifts this year.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh, I love pictures!!! So glad you posted them, Trinity!!!!!!

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Jen, I recently started reading your blog. It is very inspirational! I think I will enjoy looking through older posts while I have my afternoon cup of tea today. : )

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Trinity wrote:
Jen, I recently started reading your blog. It is very inspirational! I think I will enjoy looking through older posts while I have my afternoon cup of tea today. : )

Oh! I'm just seeing this...that's so kind of you, Trinity! Just wanted to make sure I said, "thanks!!"

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

I'm bumping this thread because I have wonderful news!

I just spoke to Lindsay at Peterboro Baskets and the book baskets are back in production. Peterboro Kitchen/Office Storage I wish they were offering it in a bit wider size again, but maybe sometime soon?

They already have some made and are available in all finishes. I just placed an order for two. (When you buy two you save a little more.) I also saved 15% off my order with discount code RESOLUTIONS11 which is good through 1/11/2010.

The customer service is wonderful. I had also wanted to order a burgandy gingham liner for our laundry basket, but it was not listed as being in stock on the website. I asked if they might make more and they actually found one left in stock and set it aside for me. Peterboro is the best!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Trinity, what is the regular price of a book basket?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Hey! That's great, Trinity!     Those are such useful baskets for us! I'm glad you called!

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Trinity

JennGM wrote:
Trinity, what is the regular price of a book basket?
I fixed the link so it would work.

Jennifer, they are $39 each or two for $36 each. That is before the 15% discount and includes free shipping. : )   

Mackfam wrote:
Hey! That's great, Trinity!     Those are such useful baskets for us! I'm glad you called!
They certainly are useful to our family as well. Just about every room has one or two baskets now.

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

I'm back again. I think a number of us love the book storage baskets so I had to share the latest sale.

The book baskets are on sale right now for $29 each or two or more for $25 each. The current discount for 15% off is STORM so you could get them for as little as 2 for $42.50. The sale price and discount are both good through the 18th. : )

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Trinity wrote:
I'm back ag

The book baskets are on sale right now for $29 each or two or more for $25 each. The current discount for 15% off is STORM so you could get them for as little as 2 for $42.50. The sale price and discount are both good through the 18th. : )

I was just coming here to post the same thing!

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version