Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Tights? Boots?Modesty when it's cold Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Krellan:
I just typed in "nursing dresses" at ebay at it yielded 52 items. It is worth perusing; I have purchased several very practical nursing dresses from ebay.   I found this one which is a great dress similar to the cut of the Milk and Wild Honey.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Wow. That was fast. Here's what Sarah from Wallypop said:

Milk & Wild Honey went out of business and I bought their remaining inventory. I believe I am the only Milk & Wild Honey retailer around any more, and I only have the S and XS sizes left. I do have their patterns
and am looking for a suitable supplier of fabric to make the larger sizes, but in all honesty, it'll probably be another year or so before I'm ready to offer them in the larger sizes again.

Sarah Reid
Owner, Wallypop: Products for Natural Parenting

blog: wallypop.wordpress.com

Hopefully, she can speed that process up just a little. Maybe we can storm her by *all* e-mailing her and telling her how much we like them...? Hope this helps.

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote juststartn

For those ladies interested, I found flannel backed satin on clearance at Hancock's a week or so ago, $3/yd (which considering JoAnn's still had theirs priced at $9.99...lol). The color selection at mine was not the best (only 2 yds of cream was left, but I was able to find light peach, as well--got 10 yds of that...they had some bright orange and a couple of bolts of a steely blue/slate color as well), but for UNDER the clothes, it wouldn't really matter, would it? Esp if you were wearing darker colors to start with...

Thought I would pass that along. I read this thread after doing a websearch on flannel slips, and this was one of the google responses I got...now I'm a member! LOL. Hope this helps one of ya'll...

Rachel
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

Krellan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 18 2007 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote Krellan

Thanks to all for the replies! I do hope that Sarah Reid is able to create some quasi-Milk-'n'-Honey dresses sometime soon. In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes open for other things my wife might like. Thanks again!
Back to Top View Krellan's Profile Search for other posts by Krellan

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

70% off sale alert. I'm a big fan of Talbots skirts. The ones I have have lasted many, many years. $25-40 is a great price for these skirts!

Links are real bears on this site. I'm just linking to the Talbots site and you can check the skirts. Most are dry clean only, but I can get a few days' wear, and because they are sale items sizes and colors are limited. They also have petites and woman's sizes. This list isn't complete, but a few suggestions:

Item # C02699 Italian stretch flannel fluted skirt

Item # B30624 Stretch flannel pleated skirt

Item # C12699 Wool crepe full skirt

Item # B22625 Stretch wool twill fluted skirt

Item # B18625 Two-tone corduroy skirt

Item # J147625 Pleated full skirt

Item # D20627 Jacquard-weave skirt

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

And I want to chime in on shoes. I don't know whether these are good skirt shoes, I've only tried them with jeans. They seem to be the thing I wear when I'm expecting. Anyway, these shoes from LL Bean have *got* to be the most comfortable, supportive, slip-on-able shoes I've ever worn in my life. Yes, they're funky colors. My 9 yos chose red, my almost 11 yod chose orange. I opted for the more subdued purple. My husband ordered these and I also ordered some for my oldest son. Why do the men always get the classic colors? I guess you could order them for yourself if you have a large shoe size. Men's sizes are two less than women's (ie: a men's 7.5 shoe size is a women's 9.5).

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Tina -

I have a pair of these, several years old, in navy. They are my *in the house shoes*. We have the rule about no shoes in the house for the sake of keeping the floors clean, but I have too high arches and too cold feet to go shoeless. So, I have these that are worn only inside -- not dirtied by the outside messes, but still something on my feet. I agree, they are very comfortable, supporting, and slip-on-able.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I am very excited! The boots I was longing for are on sale at Lands End Overstocks. (These are the ones that Michelle bought earlier in this thread.) Now that dh is employed again, I splurged and ordered them.   

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

UGH! I was browsing Motherhood Maternity for skirts yesterday, and good gravy!! The new maternity fashions, they look suitiable for, well, nevermind...

Seriously, I was just shocked at what I saw there, seemed even worse than last time I was pregnant, and that was just last year!

On the other hand, Thanks Suzanne! I've found some great maternity skirts/dresses on ebay that I'm currently bidding one! Real cheap too! MY kinda shopping!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

I just had to laugh when I read your post Lisbet, because I had the same reaction. I haven't been pregnant for 3 years and really didn't pay much attention to maternity styles. Well now I'm looking for maternity clothes and am just amazed at what women are wearing! Maybe a 21 yo first time mom looks cute with her pregnant belly showing, but me, a 42 yo mom on her 5th pregnancy (well, actually 8th) would NOT look so good! I did buy a couple of skirts from motherwear.com that I really like, but it was difficult to find anything else. Even the tops are really tight looking and I just wouldn't feel comfortable or attractive in them at all. Maybe I should learn to use ebay and head on over there with you ladies.

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

JennGM wrote:
70% off sale alert. I'm a big fan of Talbots skirts. The ones I have have lasted many, many years. $25-40 is a great price for these skirts!

Links are real bears on this site. I'm just linking to the Talbots site and you can check the skirts. Most are dry clean only, but I can get a few days' wear, and because they are sale items sizes and colors are limited. They also have petites and woman's sizes.

Deeper discounts today, ladies! 25% off the 70% off sale price. These would make great dress skirts!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Becky Parker wrote:
I just had to laugh when I read your post Lisbet, because I had the same reaction. I haven't been pregnant for 3 years and really didn't pay much attention to maternity styles. Well now I'm looking for maternity clothes and am just amazed at what women are wearing! Maybe a 21 yo first time mom looks cute with her pregnant belly showing, but me, a 42 yo mom on her 5th pregnancy (well, actually 8th) would NOT look so good! I did buy a couple of skirts from motherwear.com that I really like, but it was difficult to find anything else. Even the tops are really tight looking and I just wouldn't feel comfortable or attractive in them at all. Maybe I should learn to use ebay and head on over there with you ladies.

Honey, I'm 32 and pregnant with #4, and *I* wouldn't wear one of those (and inflict these stretch marks on innocent bystanders? Please! That's so far from a Corporal Act of Mercy...lol).

Ebay is my friend, just make sure to ask about fiber content, if that is something that will annoy you. And check lengths Also try consignment shops in your area (if there are any). Some of the children's consignment places sell decent things for maternity wear, too. Here locally, there is a semi-annual consignment sale that one of the moms' groups has (MOPs)...it is a BIG thing. HUNDREDS of consignors...Good deals, too. I get my dds things there, alot of times. As well as some maternity things for me (altho I wasn't aware I was expecting at the last sale, and so didn't buy much in maternity (bad idea). There is another sale here at the end of March/early April. SO I'll definitely be going to that one, too. LOL.

But yes....finding decent maternity wear can be, well, interesting, to say the least.

Rachel

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

I'm a huge hoarder of maternity clothes. I have some that I've had since child #1, though most of those have blown seams, lost the stretch in the elastic, or just become too unsightly to keep.

I'm glad I *do* hoard (check out my blog to see why), after hearing how difficult it is to find modest maternity clothes.

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Tina P. wrote:
I'm a huge hoarder of maternity clothes. I have some that I've had since child #1, though most of those have blown seams, lost the stretch in the elastic, or just become too unsightly to keep.

I'm glad I *do* hoard (check out my blog to see why), after hearing how difficult it is to find modest maternity clothes.

That's the thing--I've only just really gotten into the more modest thing. This go round, I'm in dresses and skirts only, etc. Which makes the whole box of blue jeans, shorts, etc, a waste of space, lol. I can still use my shirts...I just need "bottoms" to go with them. LOL. I've found a skirt, and a couple of dresses, and things like that, but it's hard. My absolute favorite item is a maternity jean skirt...it's got about 8 gores in it....and a more "modern" waist (not the big panel, but the nice cottony band that goes all the way around? Oh yeah, much better). ANyway, if I could find some more of those, man, I'd be in heaven. Esp if I got one in black, and khaki, etc. SIGH.

Rachel

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 26 2007 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Which boots look better with skirts from LLBean? Ankle or mid-calf length? Talking about the ones Elizabeth linked on page 15.

Thanks!

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 17
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version